Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas shopping!!??

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 119 Replies
Have you started? When do you normally start?
I was thinking about tackling Black Friday this year.. I have only been once and that was as my SIL's sidekick .
Of you do go Black Friday shopping, how do you go about it?
Do you save for it? Do you scope the ads and make a list? It do you just go with the flow?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I shop online. People get on my nerves on Black Friday. People get on my nerves in general. I'm also in a number of co-ops so I've been buying things here & there through those.
mom2ljh
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
No, haven't started. Not sure what we're doing this year. LOL
LectioDivina
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I started in July...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I start the day after Christmas mostly and I did some Black Friday shopping last year for this coming Christmas I am 3/4's of the way done.

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I do little by little.. I'll start this month 

Ariellasmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I'm hoping to be able to do black friday this year. I've never been able to do it before :)
AnnOnAmoose
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I shop all year. If I see something I think someone will like, I buy it and put it away. 

slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I work retail and fast food, so I'm usually on the employee side of Black Friday. But for solstice gifts, I shop throughout the year for adults (like if I see something that reminds me of them and it's on sale, I'll buy it and save it). For kids I usually wait only because if I buy TOO early, they might already have what I bought for them by the time the solstice comes around.
Sj218
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I hit the Black Friday online deals. I've been able to get some amazing deals plus free shipping and none of the crazy 3am nonsense.

I'm a divorced mom so, yep I start early. Only way to stick to the budget and still get my boy all the things I want him to have.
Caidysmom
by MindyM on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I buy little things throughout the year , but usually do a big shop after dd1's bday in October.
I though BF might be fun? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I start the day after Christmas mostly and I did some Black Friday shopping last year for this coming Christmas I am 3/4's of the way done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)