Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My aunts living with us

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
And it's driving me insane!!

She moved in cause she wanted to get a better job and life so my parents pretty much offered her to live at hubby's and my house, but it's been over a month and she has no job and every interview she bombs.

she's my aunt and is very nice I can't just kick her out. But we have no privacy at all, she's always out in the living room with us, has breakfast with us, dinner with us ugh! We have to be so quiet now having sex too and can't ever even have discussions unless we're outside really..
We were hoping she would have a job right now cause she's always had one but it's like she's enjoying doing nothing a little too much.

Right now she's in the living room with us and I just wish she would go back upstairs!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I would consider it a privilege to have my elders staying with us. That is just me though.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Wait. Your parents offered your place to her??? What's up with that? And why didn't they offer their own place?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JBiiirdD
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM
We stay with my grandmother who has Alzheimer's & dementia. Kudos to you 'cause I'm ready to scream. As soon as my aunt gets her things situated, we're leaving, & she's coming here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Talk to her and be honest, tell her that you need more privacy and it's nothing personal.
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Your parents probably offered your place instead of theirs because they knew how she was... family or not they've gotta pull their own weight around the house too, unless disabled and not able to.. seems as though she's taking advantage of you and your husband..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

if you dont make the rules clear and keep them,your aunt will still be there in 5 years..give her a time limit..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM
That's what my husband says...

Quoting jessimicuh:

Your parents probably offered your place instead of theirs because they knew how she was... family or not they've gotta pull their own weight around the house too, unless disabled and not able to.. seems as though she's taking advantage of you and your husband..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM
My parents during the summer stay in their rv. My parents have a confusing situation lol. My dad owns a company where hubby and I are but during the winter they take off back to our old state where their home is.. So ya they offered our home to my aunt and didn't realize she wouldn't get a job or that she would always be here!

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Wait. Your parents offered your place to her??? What's up with that? And why didn't they offer their own place?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Ya good idea we just assumed it wouldn't be for so long but no were starting to regret letting her stat here to get on her feet

Quoting quinnsmom715:

if you dont make the rules clear and keep them,your aunt will still be there in 5 years..give her a time limit..

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Regardless, they made an offer that wasn't theirs to make. You may want to speak to them about that and if they don't get it, let them know that you're going to be offering your aunt a job at your dad's company.

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents during the summer stay in their rv. My parents have a confusing situation lol. My dad owns a company where hubby and I are but during the winter they take off back to our old state where their home is.. So ya they offered our home to my aunt and didn't realize she wouldn't get a job or that she would always be here!

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)