Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cafemom doctors I have a question..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I fell in the shower Thursday and I was fine except a bruised elbow. But today it's been hurting and I just got a shooting pain from my elbow to my shoulder and tingly fingers.. Could it be related? Should I get it checked out?

The pain isn't very bad. On a scale of 1-10 it's probably a 3. It's enough to be annoying but not enough that I will take anything for it.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angevil53
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Yep that's what mine was like when i broke my elbow. Didn't notice til the next day trying to put on my seat belt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Was the pain really bad though? My pain isn't very bad. More annoying than anything.

Quoting angevil53:

Yep that's what mine was like when i broke my elbow. Didn't notice til the next day trying to put on my seat belt
momofne
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

You may have just bruised the nerve or could have some slight swelling pushing on it. I would wait it out and see if it gets worst or doesn't go away.

angevil53
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM
At first it was annoying then about 12hrs later it got bad. It started to hurt to move it. I had nerve damage too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was the pain really bad though? My pain isn't very bad. More annoying than anything.

Quoting angevil53:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM
That's what I was thinking too. Thanks.

Quoting momofne:

You may have just bruised the nerve or could have some slight swelling pushing on it. I would wait it out and see if it gets worst or doesn't go away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Oh boy. I hope that's not the case. :( I've gone 24 years without breaking anything. I don't want to break my streak. Lo

Quoting angevil53:

At first it was annoying then about 12hrs later it got bad. It started to hurt to move it. I had nerve damage too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting angevil53:

twade26
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I would go get checked out just to be on the safe side.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM
OT but, Your Avi looks so much like my BIL's sister Dominique! Lol .

Quoting twade26:

princessputter
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I agree with what everyone else said.. I wanted to add you could have slipped  a disk in your back... when you fell.. this may be worth checking out.. the tingling .. numb.. this can  be more than .. just from the elbow

twade26
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Lol, I must have a face that looks common because I always have people tell me I look like someone else.

Quoting Anonymous:

OT but, Your Avi looks so much like my BIL's sister Dominique! Lol .

Quoting twade26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)