Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you punish a 2 year old for...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

Spilling a drink given to them in an open cup?

The kiddos slept over at the in-laws house last night. My kids are 2 and 5. I get it, the in-laws are old and probably don't remember how little kids work. They didn't help the 2 year old go potty so my 5 year old was taking her to the bathroom, changing her pull up, etc. My 2 year old fell in the toilet because the dog followed her in the bathroom, so my 5 year old had to save her. They only gave the kids one towel to share after their bath and didn't help them wash. The dog kept going in the room where the kids were sleeping so the in-laws closed the bedroom door. 

My 5 year old says her sister was up multiple times at night crying and scared and she had to sing her back to sleep. I guess in the morning they were fed something, but when I came to pick them up at 9:30 my 2 year old's first words are "Mom, I am all poopy!" so I change her and take the girls home, where they eat a ton of food because they are so hungry and go on with horror stories.

FIL, upon pick up, says there were good, slept all night, and the only problem was that the 2 year old spilled her juice everywhere. I asked my 5 year old what happened and she said FIL gave them both regular adult cups, no lids. At home my 2 year old uses sippy cups and straw cups and such because she is 2 and its hard for a 2 year old to drink properly from a regular cup without spills. We are working on it. 

I know its just a lot of little stuff and I know kids can embellish stories, but I don't see why my 5 year old would make up stuff about no one changing her sister, sharing towels, and I know my 2 year old wakes up and cries most nights. I feel so hurt for my kids. They begged for the kids to sleep over, but I feel like they just wanted to take lots of pics and make endless facebook posts about what great grandparents they are.

Do I have a right to be upset?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I stopped at the first line. NO.

KGreen75
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM
3 moms liked this
My kids would not be going back to those assholes house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM
3 moms liked this
Why would you let them go without making sure they knew how to take of them? You should have sent sippy cups with them.
firespurity
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My two year old drinks without a lid. But at that age some are ready, some are not.

I wouldn't let my kids stay there again..
newmom121812
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Just dont let them go again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Yup and if they ask share the horror stories

Quoting newmom121812:

Yes. Just dont let them go again

ilovemykids323
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah I'd be upset... sounds like the 5 yr old took care of her and no i wouldn't punish a 2year old for spilling a cup

hnischke
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I probably wouldn't let them back over for a sleepover until they're older.
casanderson1
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM

You need  to change the title....it sounds like you are saying you are upset with your 2 year old and before even reading the entire post I wanted to be like wtf are you seriously mad at your toddler for being a toddler.

I would definitely question them about everything...

5 years old are known to lie but not about stuff like that....trust your kid and make rules for the gparents!

good luck, I would be pissed.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I wouldn't punish a two year old for that. I don't punish at any age for spilling something. It's an accident it can happen to anyone. I would confront the in-laws.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)