Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just want to cry.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
And I don't have a shoulder to cry on.

The last few months have been hell. I left my mentally abusive ex. I moved to a town that has nothing because its cheap and something I can afford with a full time job. My children cry for their dad for hrs. I work nonstop to make it buy. Now my daughter is being teased because of her clothes. I don't make enough and only have pennies to my name. I can't go out and buy the kids clothes. There are no yard sales within walking distance. The goodwill is expensive and the Walmart is small.

When will it get better? I'm tried if crying when the kids go to bed. I'm tired if all of us wearing nasty clothes. Winter is coming and I have to find winter clothes for them so they don't freeze.

Sorry, just a rant.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Talk to the school. Some schools have a program or know of programs that can help with clothing. Also I know it is "bad" but are you on any type of PA. If not, see if you qualify, it could give you the help you need. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Try a local church.  They will be able to help you find resources for clothes for the kids.  I know a lot of churchs give out winter coats and stuff and even school supplies and clothes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I signed up for FS and medical

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Talk to the school. Some schools have a program or know of programs that can help with clothing. Also I know it is "bad" but are you on any type of PA. If not, see if you qualify, it could give you the help you need. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM
That's what I've been trying to do. This is a very poor town and I need heavy duty coats because it gets -20 some days

Quoting Anonymous:

Try a local church.  They will be able to help you find resources for clothes for the kids.  I know a lot of churchs give out winter coats and stuff and even school supplies and clothes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM
The churches will help you and God will provide for you and your children, have faith.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I've been trying to do. This is a very poor town and I need heavy duty coats because it gets -20 some days

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Thank you:)

Quoting Anonymous:

The churches will help you and God will provide for you and your children, have faith.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

bcauseimthemom
by imjenndoe on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Have you filed for child support?  Even though you left, he is still responsible to help financially support his children.  Of course, this may mean visitation unless you can prove abuse to the children.  Even then he may end up having supervised visitation.  What size is your daughter in??  I am going to be going through both of my daughters things and if anything would fit I could send, only issue is shipping... right now we are in a tight spot and affording shipping may be an issue....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM
YW;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

momto3nuts
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

There are resources out there, sometimes it is just a matter of finding them. Churches, schools and fod pantries will either be able to help, or know where to direct you. Good luck.

Groove
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I have been where you are. Only I didn't get a job for 3 years. Luckily, I had friends from CM help me. When we left my ex, the girls' had MAYBE 5 outfits each. I had 1. What size are your kids? Ages? What state are you in? Is there a larger city near you? What size are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)