Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

people are actually offended by newborns?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies
so I am at the laundromat washing my bulky stuff thats been in storage all winter( comforters, fleece sheets etc) and there is a new mom here, like we're talking I think this baby left the hospital yesterday new. she and I were talking and I was sharing some diapering tips, where to get cheap good quality baby clothes around here etc and her baby cries.

so normal.

she quickly calms him down, feeds and burps him and he needs a diaper change, so she changes him in his car seat, well its cold in here and he cries louder. another lady got all kinds of pissy that he, omg cried. it was less than three minutes and she had him calm. there aren't many people here today and most of us have kids with us so we're like whatever, been there. this lady though would not shut up about it, even after the baby was calm! I seriously did not know that someone could be so offended by a newborn!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlefart
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
3 moms liked this

Some people aren't kid friendly, and some like to make that very apparent. She sounds like she was being even more annoying than the sound of a newborn crying...Honestly, if I were the mother, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from laughing and mocking how a grown woman is taking longer to quiet down than a newborn baby...

photo Nickysilly_zps1bdda502.jpg
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I seriously hate loud shrieking noises. I hate the sound of a baby crying. She really should have taken him outside after the first minute. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Some people really don't like kids.

My husbands former boss had a wife who was offended by babies in general because "they smell."  Yes, that was the reason.  Others don't like the cries or shrieks, no matter what the age.  It happens.

bcoll
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

During the diaper change? Sounded like the child got cold being exposed, seems like a silly time to stop and leave :)

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I seriously hate loud shrieking noises. I hate the sound of a baby crying. She really should have taken him outside after the first minute. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM
she was changing his diaper. I said less than 3, meaning not even that long

Quoting ButterMeUp:

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Eh, some people are not into kids. 

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM

some people are just stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

some people are just ridiculous......including some of the members posting in this thread ((not you, op lol))

hypnautica
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I hate hearing babies scream but so do toddlers and it is what it is. They can learn to deal with it. The mom and baby have as much right to be there as she does.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM

...and she can't change his diaper in the bathroom like a normal person?

Quoting Anonymous:

she was changing his diaper. I said less than 3, meaning not even that long

Quoting ButterMeUp:

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)