Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poor little kitty! *pic added*

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last night at around 2 a.m., my youngest sister calls me and asks me if I want a kitten..of course I said no, because I already have 2 dogs and a cat, plus a 1 year old. She says that it's really young and she's not sure it knows how to eat solid food yet. She doesn't know what to do with it because she can't keep it (she lives with my parents and my step dad would have a fit) and she doesn't know anyone else with any experience taking care of young abandoned kittens (we've had to raise a litter of kittens from a few days old because their Mama died, so I have a bit of experience with young ones). So, of course, I have to ask how she came across this little kitten. Apparently she was at work and heard it crying while she was working the drive through window (she works at Taco Bell). She said she went outside as soon as she could and there was this tiny little kitty sitting in the middle of the parking lot. Keep in mind we live in Arkansas..it was about 90 degrees and humid last night, even at 2 a.m. There was no Mama cat around and no other babies. They searched the whole parking lot. She said she's never even seen a female cat around (she would know; she's notorious for feeding the strays there.) So, she put the kitten in a box and stashed it in the bathroom at work (they were closed by this time) and called me.

At this point, I'm wondering just how much trouble I'm going to be in with SO for bringing another stray in. I go ask SO what he thinks and to my surprise, he tells me to go get it! Lol! So now we have a new kitty. She is very young and I'm feeding her milk replacement for now and I got her some wet kitten food. She looks to be maybe 3 or 4 weeks old judging from her size and the way she walks/moves. She is so sweet! Last night she slept curled up on my shoulder. =)

I will have to get a picture later, after DD goes down for her nap. She just loves the little kitty!

This is the best I could get. I wanted to get one with her whole body but she wouldnt be still. Lol!

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Aww. I would have taken it too even though I already have 4.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM

It's probably going to die anyway. In my experience most kittens that are abandoned by their mothers are abandoned for a reason. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Want four more. I will pay YOU!
momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Aren't you the eternal ray of sunshine! I've raised 2 abandoned kittens- one from about 6 days old and one from 24 hours. The first one lived 10 years and the second one is currently 11 years old and acts like a kitten.
Good for you, OP! Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's probably going to die anyway. In my experience most kittens that are abandoned by their mothers are abandoned for a reason. 

KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Not necessarily. Its mother could have died or been picked up by another person..there are many things that could have happened. There's also the possibility that someone took the kitten and dumped it off in the parking lot or close to it. You never know. And like I said, I have experience taking care of orphaned/abandoned kittens, so she should be fine. Shes very alert and active and seems fine, aside from being really hungry when I first picked her up. Plus, she will be having her first vet visit soon to make sure she is well and start getting her shots.

Quoting Anonymous:

KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM

No! LOL! I think SO would draw the line at 4 more.

Quoting Anonymous:

Want four more. I will pay YOU!

turtlesquish23
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww you're so nice to take her in! I can't wait for pics
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Pic added. =)

Quoting turtlesquish23:

xixCandyxix
by Candy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Aww she is so sweet looking! My kitty was feral too, he is 6 months old now. I got him around 3 months old. He lived in my friends back yard.

And I was gonna say if it were me I'd atleast take her in, get her to the point of eating on her own, being litter train, flea-free, worm-free, and then find her a good home if I couldn't keep it.

turtlesquish23
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I squeed!

Quoting KyBugsMommy815:

Pic added. =)

Quoting turtlesquish23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)