Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question to moms where pot is legal

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
I'm hoping someone actually knows the answer to this vs just guessing

If you live someplace that mj is legal across the board and you smoke a joint at home on your own time each night ( kinda like people have a beer) then you get hurt at work and the policy is to drug test. Because pot stays in your system longer than just when your using ( up to 30 days) can employers no longer fire you for having in your system since its legal. What is the actually laws concerning drug testing and pot since it stays in the system
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Not entirely sure, as I don't live in a legal state, but I'm pretty sure that it's up to the employers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Yes they can fire you. If they have a no drug policy you are breaking the policy by using drugs, legal or not.
lazycamper
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
It depends on the state you are in. Both have different laws. Google your state sand workplace injury/ marijuana testing. Good luck!
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

They sure can. 

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Yes they can.
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Yes t they can and will fire you and every car so far trying to fight it has lost
Not_A_Native
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I live in WA state, where it is legal.  If the company you work for has a no drug policy, yes, they can still fire you.  Has nothing to do with the state law.

lazycamper
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Please do not speak without knowing the laws. Why do so many of you blow so much smoke out of your asses? Excuse the pun.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they can fire you. If they have a no drug policy you are breaking the policy by using drugs, legal or not.

twinmom86
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:07 PM

You can still get fired for having pot in your system but they don't have to. I don't know how they are going to change this in the future though. The few people I know who smoke pot try very hard to keep it from their employers for this very reason. If they know you smoke they are automatically going to test you so that they won't be at fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Alcohol is legal and people are terminated if found under the influence at work...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)