Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a question for christians

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 11 Replies
This is not to start shit , its my honest question.
I have been told that god is suppoused to love us like his children unconditionally.

So why are people against gay marriage ? Ive seen people say its because in the bible it says its wrong

But doesnt the bible say he loves us unconditionally ?

So if your gay he loves you untill you want to get married ?

Am I the only one confused ?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Bump for later
Saydar
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It says God loves uncondentionally, yes. I could get into a long, theological discussion about man's understanding of God in the old testimant vs. new testiment, etc, etc... but let's leave it at this:

Humans are flawed. Humans try to speak for God. Sometimes they screw up.

(By the way, the same scripture that says that Homosexuality is a sin also says that seafood and poly-cotton blend clothing are sins.)

Chrissywissy
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM

You answered your own question....people will do what they want and feel how they do. They are not God, so why are you making him accountable for what people choose to do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this
We are taught that homosexuality is a sin. You can hate the sin but love the sinner. It is just like when your child did something wrong. You still love your child, but you do not like what they did. You never stop loving your child no matter how many times they mess up.
divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM

They are against it because it is very clear that the bible is against it. YES, God does love his children unconditionally, even if they do wrong things, but he doesn't except them to enter Heaven if they are "sinning". I love all people, gay or not. But I still believe it is wrong. This doesn't mean I don't love my gay friends, I do love them. I just disagree with their lifestyle. He loves his children no matter what they do. But He clearly states that gay marriage is wrong. I love my own children when they do things that are morally wrong and I will never stop loving them. But I won't condone their wrong behavior either. I hope this makes things clear for you.

forgottenluv
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Ok so he loves them but just dont like the sin , good simple answer thank you .

Still dont understand the reason gay marrige is illegal but
Im sure I never will

Quoting Anonymous:

We are taught that homosexuality is a sin. You can hate the sin but love the sinner. It is just like when your child did something wrong. You still love your child, but you do not like what they did. You never stop loving your child no matter how many times they mess up.
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM
In the Bible, it is sin. Not just the old testament, but the new testament as well. (which is the law we live by)

God is a loving God yes, and his desire is all come to know him. I believe God loves gays. It is a sin, just like lying, cheating, stealing,adultrey or anything else.He loves those sinners too.Remember in God's eyes all sin is equal.

I do believe when a person is admit on living in sin, and rejects the convictions the holy spirit lays on them, God gives them over to a reprobate mind. Not saying he does'nt love them he just isn't going to try to influence their decison anymore to follow him. Thus the reason many gays/and supporters dont even see it as wrong and are not convicted of it. make sense??

Romans 1:26-28 KJV

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM

It's because many Christians have taken things out of the bible to support their own bigotry.  They also conveniently forget that it is impossible to support the entire bible-it contradicts itself.  So, they can spout out that it is the divine word of God, but in reality it is only inspired by God.  It was written by fallible men who wrote for the time in which they lived.  Now, more educated and enlightened Christians (like myself) understand that Jesus never said one word about gays.  If He wasn't (isn't) concerned about it, then neither am I.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM

They view homosexuality to be a sin. Like how we love our children unconditionally but dislike when they disobey us. When our kids are naughty, we feel disappointed or maybe even angry, but the love doesn't go anywhere. That is how Christians view God and gays. They're His kids, He loves them, but He doesn't like what they're doing.

I'd like to add that I'm just answering the question, these are not my personal beliefs.

littlepinkrose
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM

In this day and age we hear a lot of talk about "alternative lifestyles." But what does God have to say about homosexuality, living together as an unmarried couple, or being promiscuous?  While some say that God is accepting of any relationship, the Bible paints a very different picture.  Just because these relationships exist does not make them right.  In fact, God clearly labels them as a sin.  God is concerned with people's salvation and their obedience to his Word.  Just because homosexuality is viewed as an acceptable lifestyle does not mean that it is not a sin. If you go against God's divinely instituted plan and do not repent, you will reap the consequences- not only in this life, but in eternity.  For you cannot be close to God if you are engaged in any immoral behavior.  At the same time, you won't be engaged in this type of behavior if you are truly close to God.  This all came from my Bible.   God loves you but not your sin if you do not repent then you will reap the consequences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN