Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you started Christmas shopping?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

Christmas is about 16 weeks away. We started three weeks ago picking up one gift per child each week.  Nothing expensive about $10-$20 per child.  Did you start yours yet?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope. We're going on a Christmas vacation instead!

bcoll
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I have a tendency to shop all year. When I see things that someone would like I pick them up.

KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I started in January.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Negative... 

My IL's have gotten the kids their gifts already, so what we are getting them goes with theirs. Luckily, they will get theirs from their Grands on Christmas Eve so ours will make sense the following morning. 

My YDD is getting a DS XL from my IL's and GMIL and my mom is giving her a few games.. we are giving her a case and some games...we will also get her some Sophia the First things as that is her new fave. 

My ODD is getting a Nook Tablet from my IL's and GMIL. My mom is getting her a gift card to buy books/apps. We are giving her a case, a gift card, and not sure what else.. her birthday is in November so I am waiting until after her birthday anyway.. plus, I go out with my mommy for Black Friday to go shopping. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

CocoaKisses70
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I have been doing it this way too. I see something and I pick it up and wrap it and tuck it away. We are a family of 8 so I have to do it this way through out the year .I put numbers instead of name tags so if one of the nosey kids ( usually my 11yo dd) finds them they don't know who its for. :0)

CafeMom Tickers

beinghuman
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM

We always start around this time, unsually get the bulk on layaway- no credit cards and Xmas is paid before Xmas

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM

A little. I like doing my shopping on black friday. That's how I score my big ticket gifts. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.
But I did begin budgeting eight weeks ago.
Yea for me!
I get to jump on the, "You knew it was coming why didn't you plan for it" bandwagon early this year
, LOL.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Hell no. 

countrymomma81
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM

No, I will once we finish up my son's birthday gifts at the end of this month. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)