Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's two weeks old! Calm the f*** down already!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My mom is really pissing me off.

I hadn't seen her since I was 16. She showed up 6 months ago deciding she wanted to be a part of her grand kids lives. (Dd is 16 months. I was pregnant.).

Ok. Fine. I agreed to give we a chance.

First she got all pissy because I told her she was not to smoke in my house. I told her that if she really desperately had to smoke during the two hours she was there to see her granddaughter then she could go smoke out on the porch.

She got pissed and said I was being selfish and not taking "her needs" in to consideration.

I told her that she didn't NEED to smoke in my house, and that with her only being there for 2-3 hours for a visit it shouldn't be an issue at all, she could smoke before she came over and as soon as she left. Or she could go outside to smoke.

She is currently all pissy because we haven't put dd2 (she's 2 weeks old) in any of the clothes she got for her. She insists that we just just not want her to have anything to do with her grand kids and that we just don't want dd to wear the clothes.

Apparently in her mind it couldn't possibly be because all the clothes she got dd are a size 6 months or larger, and she's only two weeks old and in newborn clothes and diapers!

Yesterday she wanted to know why we hadn't put the shoes she got her on her yet. They're a size 4 infant shoe. They're way to big! All the clothes she got her are way to big, that's why she hasn't worn them!

My god she's really aggravating me.
Any time we aren't using something she got or doing something she wants she starts going off about how we the her she just don't want her around.

Like the carseat. She got dd1 a carseat a few months back. Which is nice. It's a nice carseat. But dd is still below the minimum weight for the carseat. She only weighs 18 lbs. she's 32 inches long. She's very small. And still to small for that carseat. But noooo according to my mom we don't use it because we want to shove her out of her grand kids lives -.-

I've told her why. She just continued to bitch and moan that we just don't want to use the things she bought for the kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Cliff notes?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM

So do it and show her they are too big. 

PandTsmomjuly
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Did you explain to her why you aren't using the stuff?

Next time she buys something, ask if you can go together to get the size your DDs need. I wouldn't ask for a reciept because she might think you plan on returning it but shopping together will give you time together and shopping is good bonding.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Put it on her so she can see how big it is. Tell her you'll save it for when she grows
HisAngel91
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I would tell her that was not the case but if she wanted to keep up with the tell us that we disnt want her around that we would kick her out and never let her back.
But thats me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I've told her repeatedly. But she just continues to bitch and moan and insist the we aren't using it because we don't want to.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Did you explain to her why you aren't using the stuff?

Next time she buys something, ask if you can go together to get the size your DDs need. I wouldn't ask for a reciept because she might think you plan on returning it but shopping together will give you time together and shopping is good bonding.

SamanthaSage
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Buy identical clothing but smaller and tell her it's what she bought.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM

next time she comes over put the clothes on that are to big so she can see for herself.

blues_pagan
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM

If your mom is going to complain that much over stuff I have a suggestion, tell her to leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM

sorry to say, you would have been better off not giving her a chance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)