Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not spanking works!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this

Talking to your kid, explaining why things are wrong....time outs....there are so many other alternatives, hitting is never okay and it is the lazy way out.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Cowards way out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I normally do a count down before I swat the butt... I talk, I reason, I explain... little foo won't take to reason... so I must spank.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM

It is...it actually takes work and some parenting skills, I just don't get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cowards way out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Spanking works for my kid. You can explain what they did wrong either before, during, or after you are done spanking.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM
6 moms liked this
I think people equate not spanking with no discipline. And that's soooo wrong. Not spanking is actually very difficult and takes lot of patience.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I think so too....we don't spank and there are plenty of other effective ways to teach and disclipline a child.  My son has gone through some periods of bad behavior, but working to curb them and time outs, loss of priveleges....is very effective.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

I think people equate not spanking with no discipline. And that's soooo wrong. Not spanking is actually very difficult and takes lot of patience.

Kazoo22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

That is does. Sometimes I have to give myself mommy time-outs because my dd can be very willful and it take a lot to not spank her sometimes. kwim

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:45 PM
3 moms liked this
You raise your kid and I'll raise mine.

We use a combination of different punishments for certain behaviors which includes spanking.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Spanking worked for me. I will spank my child if the punishment fits. But at first I will explain to them why.

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting 1105:

Spanking worked for me. I will spank my child if the punishment fits. But at first I will explain to them why.

And I'll bet like myself you don't use spanking for every behavior that needs to be addressed right?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)