Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suffocating under the work load.

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 2 Replies

So last week I returned to school full time. And this shit is hard to manage. I've been a stay a home mom for 6 years now, so getting back in the swing of using my brain for something other than peekaboo and nursery rhymes has been a bit of a challenge.

But I'm struggling to balance the homework (which is killer who gives 8 assignments in Algebra for the first week?!) and housework. My oldest is in kindergarten so I'm doing my best to get all my class work done in that time frame and clean, but I'm failing miserably.

So how do you manage your time between school, work, family?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I just went back to work after being a SAHM for a year and I also coach cheer for the local Pop Warner league. I have a calendar where I break down my work load into chunks and assign tasks to certain days. I also have a wonderful husband who picks up whatever slack I need him to so our household runs smoothly.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I find that keeping the normal routine with your children in the evenings is the best way to cope with the change in work load. 

Do your normal house hold chores, errands during the hours after school and leading up to dinner and bed time. Stick to these things everyday- then set that time after they're in bed to do your homework without interruptions.

It's easiest (like with work) to keep your home life/school life sepeate and thus keeping a completely normal routine untill your children are asleep. If you don't you'll become frustrated from your inability to focus or study without interruption. 

You'll likely lose the concept of down time but it's only for a short while. Try to make atleast a half hour for yourself a week where you can "relax" with a book or a glass of wine and no cleaning, cooking, studying or worrying! 

Good luck! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)