Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost kidnapped!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
A man tried to get one of the kids next door in his car!! Never in a million years thought something like that would happen here in our neighborhood. SCARY!! No more playing outside alone or walking to school with all his buddies for my kid.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
People always think that. It can happen in any town, neighborhood, park or store. I live in a very quiet neighborhood with just a couple houses...I can still see how someone could easily just drive through and cause problems.
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Did u get his license plate or call the police
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Police were called. I don't know if he got the plate number or not.

Quoting Leigh84:

Did u get his license plate or call the police
firespurity
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM
make sure to report this sort if thing to the police. Living in fear is not the solution. Teach the children to use a buddy system, to be vigilant, and aware. Also parents should take time to check on children regularly. Give older kids cell phones. Implement neighborhood watch.

They are kids don't let sickos take that from them..
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM
That happened to me and I was playing in the front yard, the guys wanted me to help find their puppy. I lived out in the country, on a dirt road and we had three acres of land (so our front yard was larger than most). I was either seven or eight and just told them to look down the road for their puppy, because the house at the corner always had a lot of dogs. They wanted me to show them where, I thought they were idiots and just pointed down the road. They sped off and I told my mom and I wasn't allowed to play outside by myself for a few months.
KGreen75
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Scary. A man tried to kidnap me from my own backyard when I was 8.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Take this opportunity to refresh your child's memory about kidnappers and not getting into anyones car that they dont know, no matter what they say.

Also creating a safe word for your family, for instance- if someone pulls up to your kid and says "your mom and dad are in the hospital, you need to come with me!" and they cannot provide the correct safe word, your child knows to get far away.

Irish_mama_2011
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Someone tried to kidnap someone's kid at the county fair this year, just walked right up and took him out of the stroller and started walking away. They caught him, I don't know how far he got because I wasn't there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)