Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You named your kids what?!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 154 Replies

What are your childrens names, and what was the inspiration behind naming them what you did? My sons name is Wyatt Smith. Wyatt was just a name that dh loved and Smith is very musically influenced. My dh loves Robert Smith from the band The Cure and I love Elliot Smith, so we chose Smith. I think it flows well with Wyatt. What about you guys?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Jacob

Ryan

Cailyn

Alexander

MacKenzie

Angela

Aiyana

This baby will be Emmett or Seraphina

Some are family names, others we just loved

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Colby after Roger Clemmons son (Pitcher for the Red Sox at the time)

Austin after Mario Lemieux's son( Penquins Hockey)

Brady after Tom Brady (Patriots)

Bentley after Maci & Ryan's son from Teen Mom

teal_phoenix
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Marc is  my dh's middle name. I have always liked the name Alexander.

Priscilla Dawn was dh's idea and he had this thought out years before he met me.

ymom3
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Shaun William. Shaun after my dh who is Shaun Erik. William after my grandpa who died when I was 14.
mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Quoting teal_phoenix:

Marc is  my dh's middle name. I have always liked the name Alexander.

Priscilla Dawn was dh's idea and he had this thought out years before he met me.

Aww! I love the name Priscilla!
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:07 PM

1) (I named) KENADI - just loved the name Kennedy, wanted it spelled differently. ISABELLE - just love the name. ANN - My grandma's middle name.

2) (DH named) KORBEN - Bruce Willis' character in The Fifth Element. TYLER - DH's best friend's middle name. CAGE - for Nicolas Cage.

3) (I named) KONNER - I have always loved the name Connor, it had to be a K. DAVID - My dad's middle name. WILLIAM - DH's Dad & Grandpa's names.

4) (DH named) KAIRIE - Kairi from Kingdom Hearts, MILLA - for Milla Jovovich, ELISE - My middle name.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Taylor Charles, s/o of his grandfather Thurman Charles who we call TC. Taylor was suppose to be little TC, never stuck.

Nolan Bryce-completely original picked off of a list of some teen girls that were trying to give me ideas. (my little brothers friends)

Timothy Gage-Timothy from the Bible, Gage after my dh grandmother lena gage
mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:08 PM

buuump

Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Mary Jaidyn

Mary is from my Aunt who passed away when I was 14. She, along with my Nanny raised me. My mom didn't want me and gave me to them the day she left the hospital. My dad is a trucker and was hardly ever at home so he couldn't take me, but he did still see me as often as he could. I swore to my Aunt when I was about 8, that I was going to name my first daughter after her. Thanksgiving Day, in 2005, I found out I was having a little girl. I knew instantly her first name was going to be Mary.

Jaidyn ( at the time I named DD ) was an odd name. Something that you didn't see very often. I loved it instantly, and DD's name was formed.
XXAdoramydearXX
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Harrison after George harrison.

Katherine after my dearly departed best friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)