Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant or not you are still legally obligated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
2 moms liked this

For those of you who says you would kick your teen out if they were to get pregnant? you are wong. I can not find not one site that states that you are no longer obligated because your child become pregnant. Until they are 18 you are still legally obligated to care for your child. 

ANd then talks about morals. If you would kick you child out because she became pregnant before age18, then you are not a real mother because a real mother would never turn her back on child. 

This also goes for the ones who would kick their child out because they choose abortion? you can not legally do that, nor can you stop her if that is what she really wants to do. A girl is not consider an adult simply because she got pregnant.

You ar free to try to prove me wrong, if you like. If you can find any site that proves me wrong please share them.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RJC78
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM

None of this applies to me, because I would never do this to my daughter.

Wtshubbypst
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM
3 moms liked this

JealousGrrl
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I wouldn't kick my daughter out for either of those things. Sure I'd be dissapointed. If she got pregnant I would obviously advise her to give the baby up for adoption, and if she wanted an abortion I would advise the same thing. But in the end it's her choice, and I would support her.
Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Omg..........lmao!!!

Quoting Wtshubbypst:

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Considering I would never kick my child out for getting pregnant, or getting a girl pregnant, this doesn't apply to me.

But here's a bump!

LiliM
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
In some states you can file to emancipate a pregnant minor. It's not automatic, but you can. Well, at least last time I looked. Things may have changed.

If a minor decides to be a parent, they ought to and need to be legally responsible for themselves. Since they are responsible for a baby
libramoon007
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Actuall I am trying prove you wrong but I know on the assistance website in my old state that teenagers can be amancilated and there for then they are legally on their own. So possibly then these parents are doing that or the children aka pregnant teens are doing that to be able to go on welfare. I would not turn my back on my child but it would be no bed of roses but I pray that this never happens. She will be well educated and aware of the consequences early on and educated on her body. I would blame parents for having their children leave. If you are old enough for sex you are old enough to be on your own. 

libramoon007
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Oops not trying to prove you wrong. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM
If my child goes out and has sex I can place her in a foster home. Yes I will have to pay oh well I will pay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

you can if she becomes legally emancipated or marries. I wouldn't kick her out though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)