Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my almost 8 year old dd took it upon herself to.....

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 42 Replies

shave her legs just now in the shower...I really thought we would have a discussion first...oh well...she will be 8 next Saturday

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I remember the first time I tried to use my parents' razors. I got in trouble and told a story about how my aunt shaved her skin off when she was my age because she didn't understand how to use razors...

I didn't start shaving regularly til 13 or 14.

buttercup627
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Maybe got her birthday get her some nice razors of her own and other cosmetic stuff?
shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

she has a lot of that stuff, but good idea, she is such a girly girl!

Quoting buttercup627:

Maybe got her birthday get her some nice razors of her own and other cosmetic stuff?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I shaved my six almost 7year olds, and waxed her unibrow before the school year started. It did a wonder for her self esteem. I know my parents made me wait till 13 and I cried everyday from the teaseing.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Does she have quite dark hair? Maybe she's been teased about it. When we were that age a girl in my school who was Maltese had a really hard time of it. She got called werwolf when we had to wear shorts for gym.
MrsNewman
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM

that's why we keep the razors out of the girls reach. my DD6 tried to shave her finger a couple yrs ago ... it didn't end good. 

buttercup627
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I was raised with three brothers so I didn't have that stiff till I was like 17 Lmao I was too embarrassed to all my mom about buying it to because she wasn't very feminine

Quoting shivasgirl:

she has a lot of that stuff, but good idea, she is such a girly girl!

Quoting buttercup627:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
thats pretty young..id probably put the razors up and tell her we'd revisit shaving in a couple of years. Thats just me, though. There will be plenty of time for her to do it..tell her that someday she will hate it and it will feel like a chore lol
cshepard
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
When my daughter was 6 or 7 she wanted to start shaving her legs bc the boys made fun of how hairy they were. She did have very hairy legs and refused to wear shorts. So, I bought her some nair and we did that for her until she was about 10. Then I started letting her shave. I wasn't about to let her be teases bc of something we could get rid of.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Mine is 9, just did hers the other day for the first time too. Lol. So what
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)