Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas toys--hits and duds?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

What toys have your kids gotten in the past year that they are still playing with and are worth getting or worth the money? What toys did your kids get that were duds/never really get played with or were poor quality? HITS: 7 year old daughter barbies, horses, and her Nook, kiddie camera 5 year old son- Cars cars,trucks, legos and Nook, dinosaurs 3 year old son-balls, cars, anything Elmo, and Nook, Grover's Wii game, Wii Mario Carts Duds- Wii Baby Mama-annoying and difficult to win for my 7y/o Wii Kids Fit-difficult for all the kids to do Wii Draw they each played with it 1x.

Annette(40)Dan(hubby) Rosalynd(7/06)Jeremy(3/08) Isaac(3/10)

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Leap pad. Ds has had it since he was 3. At age 5 he still plays it all the time. That and his wii skylanders. His next fav is just being outside.
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

My son has a Thomas the Train train table (with like a billion add-ons) that he plays with for hours every day. The table itself, plus all the accessories, are so expensive but completely worth the right. 

Other "big hits" were the dino ball popper toy (when he was about 1). We got it for him for Christmas and he played with it ALL the time until he outgrew it, and any toy that has to do with fire engines is always a good idea.

The only "duds" I can think of are playdough. Maybe he's just too little for it, but he wants nothing to do with playdough or any of the playsets. I also got him a kids tablet for toddlers and he wanted nothing to do with it- but he loves his iPad (go figure..).

KennyPooPoo22
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Hits

La la loopsy
Barbies
Electric train ride
Giant bouncy ball
Barbie and the pink shoes movie
Elmo with alphabet blocks
Tickle me Elmo
Leap pad

Misses

Furbies
Just dance kids
Pop the pig game

Otterpuff
by mouse on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Hits: Peppa Pig doll (she sleeps and takes it everywhere), Peppa Pig house, art easel, Crayola tub of crayons, huge reading books

Duds: LeapPad 2, Little tikes trike, Barbie powerwheel.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:48 AM

i bought for her 2 yr Christmas and over a year later, she is still crazy for it!

MumsTheWord571
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Miss- train table. He was fascinated. Then poof it became an expensive huge nightstand. All of those stupid tracks for hot wheels! They come apart, pieces go missing and if a piece is missing it is just a big twisted pile of plastic! My DS has gotten at least 5 sets. None ever gets used! Bath toys. If they're meant for the bath they're lame unless it is a rubber duck. And then how many of those can you really have? Get the small pool toys and squirting McDonald's toys. They work better, last longer and actually get played with.

Hit: kitchenette (grow with me). Both my DD (who got it) and my DS play with it all the time. Any baby doll is a hit for her too. Costumes and shoes will make her squeal. DS is now Planes, Cars and Monsters University. Oh and despicable me. The planes from the Disney store- he just runs around & around flying. Making up stories as he goes. Batman car from imaginext. DS got it for his 2nd birthday and at nearly 5 he still plays with it! The imaginext toys are really built to take a beating and don't use up batteries too fast.
p608319chef
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Quoting MixedCooke:

i bought for her 2 yr Christmas and over a year later, she is still crazy for it!

My son got this last Christmas and he still loves it.
jesusismyfriend
by Love All on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:49 AM
iPad mini, iPod touch, American girl dolls.
Hafsa1
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM
hit: Monty dinosaur... got it when ds was 3 I think and he still loves it at 7, says he'll never get rid of it. Junior archery set, super Mario galaxy wii games, remote control helicopter, mobigo

miss: Innotab 2s....ds played for a couple hours but then it sat for days, wasn't aware that you had to pay for all your games/apps. Big foot toy that he begged for... got it along with Cruncher dinosaur and he barely played with them, got bored quickly.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:05 AM
My kiddo loves her cozy coupe, bicycle, sidewalk chalk, lifestyle kitchen set ($40 at a garage sale!), her two tea sets, and all of her cars. Also her Lion-O action figure my brother sent her.

She basically plays with all her toys, I'd list them, but it's a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)