Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

locked in a bathroom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

they are half brothers.  The older ones other parent is physicaly abousev and has NOT seen the boy in almost a year. the older one is 9 the yonger one who is 2 1/2 has two wonderfull loving and is always trying to help clean and well for his age is erry good if any one knows what i mean. both are my sons, who live with us. My husband is vary caring and treats them the same nobody in this town knows that  the oldst boy is not his. they look alike. my husband has been with us for the last 7 years so my oldest knows his real dad but there is no relationship there. The issue. My oldest flat out has no regared if he hurts his brother. he has hit, slaped and pushed his little brother. I am at a lose on what to do me and my husband get into a disagrement, as soon as we know it is a disagreement we drop the subject and go for a drive where it is settled. my son has addmited to the tharapest that he has NEVER seen us fight, and he dosnt think we do. When my husband or i get mad we usaly go out and do yared work and we tell the kids we are mad and to please leave us alone for awhile.  the way our house is set up, on our two year olds room we have a half door.  he was sitting on top of it and my oldest thought it would be a good idea to push him off of it backwords. when asked why he simply said hes suppost to be taling a nap.  I have just about had it. the tharepest is not seeing why he lashes out at his brother. I always belived that abouse was a learned behaver now i am truly thinking it is genetic and starting to wish my oldest was never born because he cant get it through his head why it is wrong.  we have a bathroom that has a sink and toilet. it is 15x20 feet it did have a jacuzzy tub that we took out and have not replaced yet so its wide open. i moved the camping cot in there and told my oldest this is all that is in a real jail cell. (yes we even had the cops give him a look at a real live jail cell before and have had cops discuss with him) He gets to sitt in there and think about his actions. yes we gave him a cup so he can drink freely. I hate the thought of sending my own son to jail but i am to the point of it. i have tryed drounding him to his room but dosnt do anything. he is in out because he is thirsty or has to go to the bathroom... so if he is in the same room with the that stuff no reason to leave it. the door to the bathroom is NOT loockedso incase od an emergency he can open the door himself.  i dont know what ells to do the tharapest thinks its a "stage" in his life and is not offering any better advise. wish i lived closer to a bigger town because we only have the one kids tharapest in town. 

note: i grew up in fostercare manly in group homes.  one group home has a "ground zero room" it is a sink/founten and a toilet. tile floor no windows. the home had kids ages 6-18 in it. they were alowed by law to lock us in that room for upto 24 hours.  you couldnt get out by your self. the meals we got while in it were only about 1/2 what we ate when with the genaral population.   today that house is still up and running same rules and they still use the ground zero room. So what i am doing is legal. i will let him out to eat, but it will be after our normal family meal and he gets to sit in an emply dinningroom alone.    I feel a am being overly harsh but i need to find a way to get  it stuck in his head that hurting others is WRONG! before he realy hurts ihis little brother

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Are you sure that your DH doesn't show favoritism to his own child...the 2 1/2 year old in anyway ????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM

yep. he spends more time with the older one. the little gue gets to stay with baby sitters while me, huby and oldest son go fishing and camping. then huby takes my older one out to car shows and races. they work on cars together. our two yearold is just now beging to join them out on "boy activitys" my hubby feels better interacting with kids not babies.. i did think of jeulousy but last year after he hit a kid and said the reason he did it is it made him feel better kind of blew our minds.  He has me feeling like such a lousy mom right now. About 1/2 ago i let him out and asked him to do the dishes and he couldnt do it. he passed his anger tests so its not anger issues. he dosnt have ADD or hyper active one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)