Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Despicable Excuse For Parents...I may be adopting...*Update**Update 2*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 462 Replies
7 moms liked this

I don't understand how someone does this.

My sister got pregnant at 16 and she chose to give her son up for adoption. We had a couple of family friends that had been trying to conceive for about 5 years. They went through in vetro and fertility treatments with no luck. They opted for an open adoption and, though she hasn't seen the baby since she signed the papers, she has received pictures and updates. The baby is now a year old and they contacted her a few days ago saying that the wife was pregnant. My sister congratulated them and was happy for them until they told her that they decided that they didn't want their son anymore. Now that they know that they could have their OWN kids, they didn't want their adopted kid anymore. They are giving my sister the option to take the baby back or they are going to turn him over to CPS.

What ASSHOLES!!! How can someone raise a baby for a year and then say "I am going to have my own kid now so I don't need you to fulfil my mommy yearnings." I seriously do not understand this.

Anyway, my sister's situation is no better than it was then, only now she has run out of options. She cannot just find another family. This isn't a dog you can just re-home. She is upset and in tears because she wants a better life for her baby than foster care but she knows, like she knew when she got pregnant, that she is still not in the position to raise him. I have a two year old and I am pregnant but my husband and I have discussed this and we have decided to offer to adopt my nephew. I am planning to talk to my sister about it tonight. We are having a family dinner at my mother's house tonight.

Those despicable excuses for parents have only given her a week to make her decision. I don't see how someone can do this to a child. How can you be mommy and daddy to a child for a year and then just decide you don't want him? I don't understand that.

*UPDATE*

I love how my mother says "Everyone can come over and I'll cook dinner" and then, when we get there, she says "The pizza will be here in about 10 minutes." You're not fooling anyone mom!

Anyway, we had our family dinner and we talked to the adopted parents. It was a last minute decision to invite them to figure out if we could work something out. I made my offer to my sister and she said that she would rather me take the child for him to go to CPS. Right now, that is the plan.

I don't know exactly what the law is but I know that you can sign custody of your kids, whether they are adopted or not, to whomever you want. In the eyes of the law, there isn't a difference between an adopted or a biological child. They have these laws so that parents who do not want their children have an option other than murder or abuse. I have known people that have done it. I am not sure what would happen at CPS but I believe that was a bluff. They said that they didn't want to do that. They are going to get his stuff together and I am getting him tomorrow, I think. At least that is the plan right now. I am not sure why they decided that they didn't want him. I did a little bonding with him at dinner and he is such a sweet boy.

My sister agreed that she will be the aunt and I will be mommy. I am very worried about how this is going to affect her but I am hoping that this will all work out for the better. It is very different to give the baby to someone who you rarely see and you won't have to see the baby and giving him to your sister and you will have to see him all the time. Right now, she wants me to have him because  she doesn't want him to go to strangers and she knows she isn't ready. When he is old enough, we will tell him that he is adopted and who his biological mother is. We don't plan to tell him about this little episode though. He doesn't need to know that these people gave him up like this.

I am not a troll and I don't know anything about someone sending their kid to Russia or whatever nonesense you were spewing. But I don't fucking care. Believe what you want.

UPDATE 2

They brought Matthew to us this morning and I took some time off of work to bond. My 2 year old, Kyra, is confused. "Mommy, my new baby's to little to be here. My new baby's a girl." Yes, she has sole ownership of Matthew and the baby in my belly. She has been playing peek-a-boo with him and cuddling with him. They brought like 2 trash bags full of clothes and my mother brought a bunch of clothes too so I am covered. He's doing well so far. He cried when they left and then the "mother" started crying but they ran out the door like the house was on fire. He cried for about 30 minutes and then was fussy for another half hour but he is fine now. He isn't walking yet but he is cruising. He asked for mommy a couple of times and I'm not sure if I should say I'm mommy or what. I don't want to confuse him or upset him but I don't know what to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paulswifey11
by TashaL on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM
4 moms liked this
That's sickening and makes me angry. That poor baby.
strontium
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM
That makes me sick!
That poor baby :(
cali_gurl
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Horrible! I would take him in if he was my nephew. Good for you. But your sister would be on her own next time.

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
5 moms liked this
I surely hope you are making this up.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
That poor baby. At least he has you and your dh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Sorry. Not making anything up. This is real. Some people really are this heartless.

Quoting momtolittleg:

I surely hope you are making this up.

softkitty42
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM

How strange and terrible at the same time, i feel awful for your sister, but at least you are there for her and your nephew. 

i hope everything goes well for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM
16 moms liked this
Those people are horrible. Almost makes me wish that the wife would miscarry and have to get a hysterectomy. Then they would have no kids and it would serve them right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
15 moms liked this
Adopt your nephew, and when that woman has a miscarriage or something and wants him back spit in her god damned face.
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Sick piece for crap people. That poor little guy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN