Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed because of pregnancy...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 2 Replies

Anyone ever wanted something soooo bad, then when it was finally in your grasp, you were so scared something was going to go wrong? Almost a too good to be true type situation? That's what I'm dealing with right now! 

My dh and I always wanted three kids. Dh especially wanted to at least have one boy because he is the last living male in his family besides his father, an if he didn't have a son, then his last name would cease to exist. I think that's stupid to be worried about, hell some girls now hyphen their last names. But it was important to dh, so of course I hoped with each pregnancy we would have a boy. The first two were girls, and we couldn't have asked for them to be any more amazing than they are. Our youngest is 6yrs old, she will be 7 in feb. We have had two miscarriages since her, and have been actively ttc for several years.

When I made it to the 10 week mark with this pregnancy I was excited that we may finally get our third and last child. I was so busy hoping this pregnancy would stick I didn't dare believe that not only would I finally have another baby but it would be a boy. Too good to be true.

It is a boy :)

However, ever since we found out I have been soooo nervous that something will go wrong. I'll lose the baby, or there will be something medically wrong with him. I know it does no good to worry. I know that if its meant to be it'll be. But I can't stop thinking how devastated not only dh will be, but his whole family. My in laws are over the freaking moon excited, it's all they talk about. They are already buying stuff and mil and dhs grandma spend all day sewing baby quilts and blankets and burp cloths. Mil posts all the time on FB about how excited she is to meet her grandson, and then their family and friends comment how we make such beautiful, sweet children, this baby will be amazing. It's literally like this baby is the most anticipated thing ever with his whole side of the family..

I guess I just feel a lot of pressure for this baby to live up to the hype. I also feel like if something bad does happen everyone will blame me. 

I know this was long lol, but I just needed to vent. Like I said, I know worrying is pointless, but the worry/pressure is still there nonetheless.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:28 AM

kind of the same story for me except I have had 2 miscarriages since trying for our third and have yet to get pregnant since I miscarried in 2012 last May.  I was 18.5 weeks the last time I miscarried.  I dont think we will have a third given my age and the length of time it has taken to get pregnant again.

Arwynn
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Breathe.
Stress is not good for you or baby. Do your thing. Most importantly protect yourself in order to protect baby. I mean dont go ride a rollercoaster or something. Talk to your doctor. Learn to redirect your thoughts. Count down from 10. Breathe. Yoga. Etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)