Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why don't the fathers get a say

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
Since everyone is on this topic I wanted to ask this. Should the father of a unborn baby have as much say as a woman when it comes to abortion? If a woman wants to abort fine, but what if the father WANTS his baby shouldn't be get that choice? It's just as much him as it is the mother. And the other way if he wants nothing to do with it he can sign away rights if the mom wants it...
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

The say for men stops at sex, pretty much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Since everyone is on this topic I wanted to ask this. Should the father of a unborn baby have as much say as a woman when it comes to abortion? No. If a woman wants to abort fine, but what if the father WANTS his baby shouldn't be get that choice? He should have made sure the woman had the same views. It's just as much him as it is the mother. And the other way if he wants nothing to do with it he can sign away rights if the mom wants it...

the_dude
by abides on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this

when he has to carry it, then he gets a say. 

lovemyairman150
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
He'd probably have to compensate the woman financially since it's HER body. I agree he should have an equal say, but in reality, he'd probably have to cover the medical expenses and provide some sort of monetary compensation. Terrible, but I doubt it's unrealistic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM
When I met my husband we never sat down and said "oh hey btw I'm for/against abortion"

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Since everyone is on this topic I wanted to ask this. Should the father of a unborn baby have as much say as a woman when it comes to abortion? No. If a woman wants to abort fine, but what if the father WANTS his baby shouldn't be get that choice? He should have made sure the woman had the same views. It's just as much him as it is the mother. And the other way if he wants nothing to do with it he can sign away rights if the mom wants it...

JealousGrrl
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I agree. If the father is in the picture he should have just as much say as the women. Unless he doesn't want the child, in that case he can sign his rights away.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

No. Giving a man say gives him a right to control her reproductive decisions. What woman wants that??

Cmgmqmmom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Men lose all power to make a decision once they ejaculate.
That's what I'll be teaching my sons when they're old enough to understand.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Oh well excuse me Miss, before I unzip my pants may I ask you your views on abortion? Lol. Wishful thinking.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure he can have it as soon as he can carry it in his body for 9 months. HOWEVER, I would not get an abortion if my dh was against it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)