Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding -EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

So, I always hear this "only 2% can't breastfeed" and I'm wondering if I fit in the 2% or if I did something wrong that I can fix for my next child. I did not want to use formula, didn't buy bottles beforehand. I nursed as much as I could and LO had orange concentrated pee at 2 days old and was losing weight constantly. I was told to supplement, I used a SNS system (tube by nipple that give formula/pumped milk), I power pumped, took herbs, took lots of domperidone, drank more water than I could handle, ate as much as I could and healthy things, ate steel cut oats 2x a day. Yet he still lost weight. I kept this whole thing up for 9 months, then he selfweaned and only bit because my supply was just dwindling, so he was on formula and whatever I could pump until I stopped producing. 

What can I do different? I'd love to EBF my next LO!  

I also never got engorged or anything until I too domperidone..  

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RadnRem
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I suggest asking this in the breastfeeding moms group.

It is amazing! It helped me to successfully nurse my youngest....who is still going strong at 16 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Work closely with a lactation consultant when the baby is born and get that baby on right when it's born. The more the baby is directly on you the more you'll produce. It's all supply and demand!! I'm sure if you produced milk then ...you will be able to successfully bf this time!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM
It sounds like you did everything you could. Definitely try again and don't let the first experience make you give up. Have a lactation consultant or la leche league on stand by.
Also post this in the breast feeding group. The ladies in there are pretty awesome.
RadnRem
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol no. It's not.

Quoting lulu9209479:

You're still doing at 16 months???!!!! Isn't that a little old for that sort of thing?

Quoting RadnRem:

It is amazing! It helped me to successfully nurse my youngest....who is still going strong at 16 months.

kzuehlk
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Post this in the breast feeding forum. The ladies there are wonderful.

My babies were/are both fat and healthy, but I started drying up when my oldest was 7 months and just couldn't get my supply back up no matter how much I tried. My youngest is 5 months and I think I'm starting to dry up again. He's never full anymore and he is starting to bite and fuss when I nurse him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM
You really should go to the breastfeeding group. They will help you
CorCrox
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Lol! I assume you're kidding, but those of us who bf past a year actually get that a lot.

My sister in law and her best friend called me gross for nursing my son while pregnant. Can you believe it?

Quoting lulu9209479:

You're still doing at 16 months???!!!! Isn't that a little old for that sort of thing?

Quoting RadnRem:

Eliots_momma
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I'm right behind you nursing my 15 month old :)

Quoting RadnRem:

Lol no. It's not.

Quoting lulu9209479:

Quoting RadnRem:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I'd still be nursing my 18-month-old if I could ;) Heck, he still tries and take the boobie out sometimes, and if he wanted to dry nurse, that's fine with me. ;) 

Quoting Eliots_momma:

I'm right behind you nursing my 15 month old :)

Quoting RadnRem:

Lol no. It's not.

Quoting lulu9209479:

Quoting RadnRem:

NotTheirMom99
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I feel ya.  I have nursed all of my kids and then this last time I could not get more than 16oz a day.  I tried everything you did including the domperidone.  I was pumping only since they didn't live with me and I felt awful.  Hopefully you are able to get some good tips.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN