Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I keep her at home tomorrow?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you keep her at home?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

My DD is almost 7 and in 1st grade and this coming week is the 4th week of school. She has had diarrhea today and has had several close calls where she barely made it to the bathroom, this is with her being feet from on of our bathrooms (she stayed home all day).  She is feeling fine, no fever and has been playing and eating as normal. I think it was dinner last night at the in laws, it didn't agree with her at all (it was very greasy and she isn't used to that). However, I am worried about sending her to school tomorrow. Even though she is feeling fine, I am afraid she will poop her pants at school. I mean at school, she has to ask to go to the bathroom, pick a bathroom buddy and then walk down the hall. Since she is barely making it at home, I don't know if she will have time and you know how kids are about these kinds of things, if she poops her pant in class, kids will be teasing her about it for years.

She is doing well in school, I just had a conference (routine) with her teacher who told me she is well ahead in reading, spelling and math and just needs to work on her handwriting, which we can do at home tomorrow.

I hate for her to miss a day, especially as she may be better by tomorrow but it's kind of a wait and see thing, she might not have an accident before she goes to school but could have one during school

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:49 PM

BUMP!

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I would keep her home for a day and wait for it to clear up.  I would rather her miss one day versus have an accident and embarass herself...then you'd have a whole new line of problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I think wade it out and see in the morning... If she is fine through the night then is let her go. No sense in worrying about it until then.
winchester70
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I would keep her home if it were me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I would keep her home tomorrow.  If she is worried about not making it to the bathroom than she won't be paying much attention to the teacher anyway.

autiemama516
by autismmommy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Keep her at home. I am surprised you guys have had school for 4 weeks! My kids don't start their first day until Thursday. I hope she feels better!

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I would wait and see.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I wouldn't decide till morning probably. If she's fine from now until morning then I would probably take her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Give her probiotics and charcoal and it should clear up by tomorrow if it was just from what she ate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)