Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told him if he didn't press charges I was LEAVING!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Long story short my DH and his brother fight a lot...In the last year it has become physical! 2 months ago his brother punched him leaving my DH with two black eyes and a fractured nose. He decided to not press charges because his brother was being drunk and stupid and he didnt mean it. I thought he should press charges anyway and was very irritated but stood behind my husband thinking it wouldnt happen again. 

Well again on saturday there was another fight and this time even worse. His brother punched him 5-7 times my DH did punch him also but mostly to get him away. His brother pulled out his keys and started stabbing DH with them. His brother used so much force that he got stabbed with the key in his leg. It wasnt bad enough for stitches but still very scary. He has broken ribs, a black eye, and bruises everywhere. This fight happened in front of our 18 year old son who is still very scared

When he told me I said I would meet him down at the police station for him to file charges..he said he wasnt going to. I told him to come home and we would talk about it. I know it seems like we are a bunch of hicks from a trailer park but really my DH was raised in an upper middle class home and we are also upper middle class. Him and his brother just fight and fight. Anyway when he got back we talked and he said that he wasn't going to press charges. I told him that if he did not I would be leaving him. He thought I was joking but I really am not. 

His brother is very violent and while they do fight my DH has never made steps to get physical with him. I told him I didnt feel save with his brother around he didnt care. He told me he didn't want to cut his brother out of his life and I told him that I would never ask under normal circumstances. These are not normal! What if his brother had a knife? My DH would most likely be dead. What if he had one of his many guns? 

I told my DH that if he didnt press charges and stay away from his brother (at least for now when he is having problems with alcohol) that I was moving out. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Sorry if my post doesnt make a lot of sense. I am still shocked that this is happening!

critter_boo
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I would be gone
critter_boo
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Also your son is 18 he go in and be a witness if he does press charges
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM

even if hubby doesnt stay away,why dont you?id never let my kids around someone violent,alsoarent you afraid after all the violence hubby could become violent with you?obviously its not a problem for him..

mom31990
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM

annnnnd? what happened

scary to think someone can be so violent with family 

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I agree with you. His brother needs to know that it is unacceptable behavior. Your DH is being a doormat and his brother is literally stomping all over him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Family fights some more violent than others you can't expect the man to press charges on his brother. If you don't like it you can leave.
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:26 PM

yeah that is messed up

your dh needs to rethink his prioties

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Well up until saturday we thought it was a one time thing. Clearly it is not going to be 

My husband is not violent I have never ever seen him start a fight it is ALWAYS his brother and it is ALWAYS when his brother is drunk. 

Quoting quinnsmom715:

even if hubby doesnt stay away,why dont you?id never let my kids around someone violent,alsoarent you afraid after all the violence hubby could become violent with you?obviously its not a problem for him..

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Where's their father? The brother needs to be put in line, I don't care how old he is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)