Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a water fountain for your pet?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 40 Replies

I don't know what the heck is going on with the water fountains we've been buying for our cat. I clean them regularly, switch out the filters like I'm supposed to, ect. and after about 6 or so months the motor just craps out & we have to buy another one. They aren't super cheap either, we spend about $40-$60. 

Anyone have a great fountain that they can recommend? My cat is uber picky & will not drink of out a bowl. lol Spoiled thing.

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

lol - it would drink out of a bowl if it's all she had to choose from.

She won't thirst to death if she doesn't have a fountain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

We don't have a water fountain. Never heard of them for cats. My cat will not drink out of her water dish, she drinks out of the dogs water dish. An as of last night she has taken to drinking out of water cups. So now on my side table I have a water cup that she has been drinking out of all day and leaving the dogs bowl alone which makes the dog happy.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I don't know what the heck is going on with the water fountains we've been buying for our cat. I clean them regularly, switch out the filters like I'm supposed to, ect. and after about 6 or so months the motor just craps out & we have to buy another one. They aren't super cheap either, we spend about $40-$60. 

Anyone have a great fountain that they can recommend? My cat is uber picky & will not drink of out a bowl. lol Spoiled thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Mine too. I have a cheep $20 one from Walmart. I don't use the filter but just clean it once a month. I have used it for about 2 years now.
tardistraveller
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM

My cats are afraid of those things.  

ajrjj05
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM

my cat likes water from the faucet. but will drink from a bowl too.

cshepard
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
My cat drinks out of the dogs bowl or the dripping bathtub. She's weird and won't use her own bowl.
bonitalilmama
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Aww, no i don't. But if your cat gets thirsty enough he will drink
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

lol - it would drink out of a bowl if it's all she had to choose from.

She won't thirst to death if she doesn't have a fountain.

lol He will drink out of a bowl, but he prefers not to. Like yesterday during dinner he walked over to it, looked at me, took a small drink, looked at me like he wanted to murder me, took another small drink, glared at me again, then walked away. haha I wish I could hear his thoughts. 

Also, I don't mind buying a fountain, I just want to find a GOOD one. 

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Nope he gets fresh water throughout the day though

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I wuv her polka dots hehe

I have one. I got it off of free cycle. So I'm no help. It does seem like it has slowed down. I'm no t helping sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)