Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to love him again :-(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
That's right. I don't feel like I love my husband anymore. If he left tomorrow I would be sad for a bit, but I think I'd get over it pretty darn easy. When we have sex, it's purely for pleasure, with no emotion whatsoever involved on my part.
It isn't anything he did. He's a good guy. He loves his family and cares for us. So why do I feel like this? :-(
I want to love him and need him again. I want to feel that connection again. Wtf is wrong with me? :-(
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:56 PM
:( this makes me sad.
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Have you talked to him about this? Try dating each other again see if you can refall in love
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM
It makes me sad, too. I used to adore this man. What happened to us? I hear people talking about how much they love their spouses. And I get crazy jealous.

Quoting Anonymous:

:( this makes me sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I think all longterm relationships have cycles of falling in and out of love with each other. How long have you felt this way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gosling
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I feel the way. I don't know what it is. Just feels like we're roommates almost. Message me. We can talk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
A long time. I even have considered seeing other men. I haven't done it, but I feel like it's gotten to the point where I think if I did do it, I wouldn't feel any guilt as I have no feelings for my husband anymore.
I have not done anything out of sheer hope that I can turn this around.

Quoting thenameshailie:

I think all longterm relationships have cycles of falling in and out of love with each other. How long have you felt this way?
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM
How have you tried to turn it around? Do you still do fun and exciting new things like maybe you did in the beginning? Are you in a position to seek marriage counselling? Does your husband know how you have been feeling?

Quoting Anonymous:

A long time. I even have considered seeing other men. I haven't done it, but I feel like it's gotten to the point where I think if I did do it, I wouldn't feel any guilt as I have no feelings for my husband anymore.

I have not done anything out of sheer hope that I can turn this around.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM
You can fall in love again. Just make more time for each other. Date nights and the like. Also, what helped me through a rough patch was not having sex, just cuddling. Then you move to just kissing, then just light petting, then heavy petting, then start the cycle again. Do it thrice and then engage in sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Google the Love Dare.
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Date nights...... asap. And therapy maybe possibly...

Best of luck to you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)