Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snake at a daycare?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

I am a preschool teacher in a daycare. Last week, there was a new teacher with her kids and they were playing outside. It was time to come inside and the teacher was leading the kids into the classroom when a student spotted a snake laying in the corner near a play thing that holds toys for the kids. The kids all swarmed around the snake and the teacher yelled to get away from it- unfortuatley a kid went to touch the snake and the child was bit. Child was rushed to the hospital and is okay..thank goodness! The parents want to sue our school and sue the teacher because her son was bit. Who's wrong here?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM

bump

mynewlife2012
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
That's a difficult situation. I can see if the teacher didn't try and move the kids before the child got bit. I would want more info
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:07 PM
What type of snake?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

We are not for sure because the snake was never caught. The owner was called immediatley and came to the premises to capture it or find it, but we were unable to do so. We are thinking a garter snake. I didn't actually see it though. Teacher described it as a long long black and yellow snake. That's it.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

What type of snake?

askmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM
That's a shame. Seems she did what she could and the child did not listen. I don't see how the daycare or teacher is responsible for random wildlife beyond medical attention.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I wouldn't blame the daycare
mommyajay
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM
How old is the kid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM

4, turning 5 in October.

Quoting mommyajay:

How old is the kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I think the child was in the wrong. The teacher said to get away but some kids just don't listen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)