Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Skinny Minnie

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
I try my hardest not to judge others... And yes everyone had their own story but... Seriously why do most moms seem to gain weight as their children age? Why does it seem like society is getting bigger and bigger?

Why are we embracing this?? I see overweight women and pray that I never look like that. Yes women have curves and that's great but I'm not talking about curvy women, I'm talking about very large women. I especially think its wrong when big women put down thin women. Or try to make them feel bad for looking good.

Shouldn't we all strive to be fit and healthy?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I have been taking more and more care of myself as my dd has gotten older.

i may be the odd ball but my dd is disabled. I know the day may come where I have to shift her from chair to tub to chair to bed.

I have been weightlifting and working out. I pray that God give me the strength she lacks to care for her. I have to care for myself to care for her.

I also do it for my husband. He deserves for me to look my best.
wexfordmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM
This is kinda off topic but my mil complains that she needs to lose weight or tells me she's trying this diet next. But yet she insists that I not throw away my plate or my boys plate of food because she doesn't want it to go to waste. We usually hang out around in laws pool and they sometimes get pizza or have fruit salad. Just last week she made me give her my sons dish.. half eaten watermelon , half eaten wings and pizza. Yuck!!! Before she jammed the pizza in her mouth she says. , " this is why I'm so fat". I can't believe she hasn't gotten sick from eating everyone's leftovers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I think that is great!! Good for you!!!

Quoting justpeachy71904:

I have been taking more and more care of myself as my dd has gotten older.

i may be the odd ball but my dd is disabled. I know the day may come where I have to shift her from chair to tub to chair to bed.

I have been weightlifting and working out. I pray that God give me the strength she lacks to care for her. I have to care for myself to care for her.

I also do it for my husband. He deserves for me to look my best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM
:(

Quoting wexfordmom:

This is kinda off topic but my mil complains that she needs to lose weight or tells me she's trying this diet next. But yet she insists that I not throw away my plate or my boys plate of food because she doesn't want it to go to waste. We usually hang out around in laws pool and they sometimes get pizza or have fruit salad. Just last week she made me give her my sons dish.. half eaten watermelon , half eaten wings and pizza. Yuck!!! Before she jammed the pizza in her mouth she says. , " this is why I'm so fat"

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm obese. I gained 60lbs with my son. Lost weight, then gained like crazy. After FIVE YEARS... I found out I have PCOS and a thyroid that is sometimes high, sometimes low, sometimes the way it should be. My endocrinologist is beside herself.

I lost 11lbs in my first trimester of this pregnancy and then gained it all back and have since lost 2lbs (again). We eat VERY healthy. I don't judge people for their appearance (well, not weight anyway... 'Sharpie' eyebrows are gunna get a snide comment from me). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I gained it through pregnancy, and am still working on it. Havent gained more.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this

How about we stay out off everyone's elses business and worry about our own. You have no clue if someone that is skinny is eating healthy or not. The same goes for bigger women.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I thought this was going to be about the new Couture Minnie Mouse.  

BEXi
by BEXi on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM

...why are we just talking about women?

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I have her problem with food as well. I was hungry so often as a kid, that it physically hurts me to see food wasted.  I exercise quite a bit, because I do not want to get heavy, but it is nearly impossible for me to just throw away leftovers.

Quoting wexfordmom:

This is kinda off topic but my mil complains that she needs to lose weight or tells me she's trying this diet next. But yet she insists that I not throw away my plate or my boys plate of food because she doesn't want it to go to waste. We usually hang out around in laws pool and they sometimes get pizza or have fruit salad. Just last week she made me give her my sons dish.. half eaten watermelon , half eaten wings and pizza. Yuck!!! Before she jammed the pizza in her mouth she says. , " this is why I'm so fat". I can't believe she hasn't gotten sick from eating everyone's leftovers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)