Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PSA- Moms of Kids in Sports!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
School has begun again and so has extra curricular activities. Ladies, we are proud of our kids ave support their interest, but we could be putting them at risk. We've all seen those stickers on the windows of vehicles, Houston Bearcats Amanda # 12 with a baseball player on it. This is way too much info. All a preditor has to do is find out where the Bearcats practice, and look for number 12. "Hey Amanda, your mom sent me to pick. you up. She drives the green Tahoe right?" Now depending on how old your child is, they may know better than tho go with a stranger, but some kids are more easily convinced, and these kinds of people are good at what they do. If you want to displays these types of stickers, leave out stone of the info, like the team name, or your child's number. I know there are other ways to get tho pour children, but we don't want to make it easy for them. Just something tho keep in mind.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mseelen
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Sorry about the typos, stupid autocorrect.
JBiiirdD
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I've always said that. I also think stick figures are ridiculous. lol I think it's okay to put a football & a number, but I wouldn't reference the school or team name.
libramoon007
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I never seen those stickers but aren't there lists that they need to give on who can pick up? Not sure because mine is only 4. But I thanks for the post. 

Cmgmqmmom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I think we get ourselves a little too paranoid about stuff like this.
I'm not saying we shouldn't exercise a little caution, but our kids aren't in constant danger.
(I don't have my kids names on my car.)
southern.momof2
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM
My child knows not to go with anyone they don't know and so does her coaches.
mseelen
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I'm not trying tho be all doom and gloom, it's just something i noticed. I do security, so it's just stuff like this i keep in mind, just washed to share with someone who hasn't thought about it.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I think we get ourselves a little too paranoid about stuff like this.

I'm not saying we shouldn't exercise a little caution, but our kids aren't in constant danger.

(I don't have my kids names on my car.)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)