Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suicide attempt. Cry for help, I hope.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
There is this female that I used to work with. We went down range together and I really like her a lot. She is such a upbeat, fun loving person. She's young (22 yo I think). Has been married a year and some weeks and comes from a very loving home. Today I got a call asking if I could get someone to watch over her because she attempted to commit suicide by taking 20+ antidepressants. I've never known anyone who has tried to kill themselves so this is new to me. I feel horrible for her. She has issues with her father's health and I don't know what goes on in her marriage but as a person who considers her not an acquaintance but not a really good friend, I really want to check on her make sure she's okay. I don't really know what the point of this post is....
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Its great to be a supportive friend to her. It sounds like she a lot going on but in this life, its hard to find a 'friend' who doesnt want anything from you. So sorry she did this but if you can swing it, even once in a while, Im sure she'd be eternally grateful. <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I will try to tomorrow. I can't tonight because I have My LO with me.

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

Its great to be a supportive friend to her. It sounds like she a lot going on but in this life, its hard to find a 'friend' who doesnt want anything from you. So sorry she did this but if you can swing it, even once in a while, Im sure she'd be eternally grateful. <3

fivegirls333
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM

even if you feel weird?  go.  sit with her.  you don't have to say anything.  it will matter that you cared enough to stop by.  just do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Weird because we aren't like super best pals but we do talk. I'm going to find out where she is tomorrow and see if I can sit with her for a little while.

Quoting fivegirls333:

even if you feel weird?  go.  sit with her.  you don't have to say anything.  it will matter that you cared enough to stop by.  just do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)