Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

toddler formula??

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 72 Replies
Dd will be 2 next month. She loves her toddler formula, but doesn't like milk is this normal? When are you supposed to cut out toddler formula?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM
B
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Never knew anyone other than children with SN's that ever used toddler formula so sorry I can't help. Although you do know milk is not necessary ever right??

mandaschelle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I mixed it with milk instead of water and added Hershey syrup. Then slowly decreased the powder till it was just chocolate milk.
I will still sometimes add the powder if she isn't eating well and I think she needs the extra nutrition.
DD is almost 3
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I would cut out her toddler formula now. I feel it negatively affects her weight. As far as milk goes, she doesn't need to drink it, provided she's getting all her necessary vitamins and minerals.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM

None of my kids liked milk (and short of having milk in their cereal, still hate the stuff but love all milk based products).  I did start phasing it down at about 2 for my younger kiddos and pushed water.  DS1 had it longer but it was more a caloric need for him due to his allergies and intolerances (allergic to wheat, rye, barley and egg).

rocamom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Can you mix it with 1/4 milk for a few days and then try to do half formula half milk and the 3/4 milk 1/4 formula?? Good luck.
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I tried milk at a year old she would not have it so pedi told me just to give her some time and give her the toddler formula , I think I have created a monster. I can't imagine living without milk lol

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Never knew anyone other than children with SN's that ever used toddler formula so sorry I can't help. Although you do know milk is not necessary ever right??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
None of my kids ever had it. But I'd guess it's time to get rid of it.
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Negatively affects weight ? Although you may be right sometimes she still prefers a bottle over food. I always make her a plate she picks but always will take a bottle.

Quoting AllofFive19:

I would cut out her toddler formula now. I feel it negatively affects her weight. As far as milk goes, she doesn't need to drink it, provided she's getting all her necessary vitamins and minerals.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Well neither could I but my 3rd son despises milk and has never had it ever and he is now 7.  When he was little he would hand it back and say no thank you.  His pedi said just give him a multivitamin and give lots of yogurt and some cheese.  He has been fine and very healthy.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

I tried milk at a year old she would not have it so pedi told me just to give her some time and give her the toddler formula , I think I have created a monster. I can't imagine living without milk lol

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)