Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who pays?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My boyfriend, of two months, whom I am in a committed relationship with (children not involved yet) and madly in love (mutual) wants to go on a trip. He mentioned it weeks ago. He brought it up again. Probably early next year. Do I assume I'm paying for myself? I don't have funds for trips. I have two kids. He makes pretty good money. So is he offering to "take" me? I'm embarrassed to ask. I don't want to seem like a gold digger.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PumpkinSpice8
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM
4 moms liked this
I'd be honest with him- "I have two kids and trips aren't in my budget right now." Then see what he says.
the_dude
by abides on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

ask, don't be embarrassed, things are best when the air is clear.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM

This

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

I'd be honest with him- "I have two kids and trips aren't in my budget right now." Then see what he says.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
This: )

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

momto3nuts
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM

This.

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

bonitalilmama
I understand your feelings, but ask don't assume and be left looking silly with bags and you cant afford to go
HIJKLM
I'd assume he's paying but I assume when you invite someone someplace you are paying but wouldn't rely on it. Just tell him you've been looking over your budget and won't be able to afford the trip. If he planned on paying he will tell you.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM

So, you just say, "Hey, so is this a trip that you are planning? Because I need to know how much I will be expecting to contribute to it, since I am on such a tight budget. I would need to start saving immediately."

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Yup this

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I would just tell him you would love to go, but that you can't afford it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)