Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not sure where to go from here...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I met this man at a bar- he came on to me pretty hard, but nothing happened between us. Well fast forward a few days- I'm teaching a seminar and he's in the class. He was mouthing off, and being a general pain in the ass, but he had an experience that was relevant to some research that I'm doing, so I invited him over to talk about it. Long story short, we wound up in bed.
We dated for a few months, and then his friend was killed in an accident. It was absolutely horrible, and he blames himself for it, even though it wasn't his fault.
He's pretty much fallen off the face of the earth since then. I've been offered a job in another city and ill have to move if I take it. I just don't know where to go from here- I love him but I don't know if we can ever get what we had back.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Binp
HIJKLM
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess there's not much you can do if he fell off the face of the earth. Are you ready to put your life on hold in case he turns up again?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Sleep it off
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM

so you havent seen him in the last few months? So you would say your no longer in a relationship?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I guess not. I try calling him but he doesn't return my calls. He's in a really bad place, and I love him and don't want to leave him like this.

Quoting Princess_s21:

so you havent seen him in the last few months? So you would say your no longer in a relationship?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I don't know. I love him, but I don't know if he's lost those feelings for me.

Quoting HIJKLM:

I guess there's not much you can do if he fell off the face of the earth. Are you ready to put your life on hold in case he turns up again?

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Well I would say you need to move on and you cant turn down opportunities to move yourself forward for someone who is not there. You should try every avenue you can to try to get the word to him that you are leaving etc......if you cant at least you have tried, if your meant to reconnect it will happen, maybe just not right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess not. I try calling him but he doesn't return my calls. He's in a really bad place, and I love him and don't want to leave him like this.

Quoting Princess_s21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)