Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you just not care?????

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 13 Replies

So I was at the store today with dd 4, and ds 1. We crossed the parking lot and as we got on the sidewalk in front of the store, heading towards the door to the inside of the store, dd sees a box. She points it out to me and asks why it's there. We walk over to it and its taped shut with masking tape. On the top of the box it says 'free kittens'. I thought to myself, no no one would do this....right!?? So it tapped the side of the box and sure enough a million tiny meows are heard!!! I open it up and there are 6 beautiful black kittens it it!! They looked old enough to be away from mom. I was shocked and saddened!! We stood there for a bit while I contemplated where I would take them to be cared for when an older lady walked up and asked about them. I told her the situation. She asked what I was going to do. I said I was planning to take them to the humane society as I cannot have cats where we rent :(. Well it just so happens she works with a feline rescue group. She took the kittens, gave me her card with the number of the rescue, name etc. said I could call if I changed my mind and wanted one or if I just wanted to check up on them!!  

I don't understand how people can be so heartless but thankfully the situation ended well!!!

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3nuts
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM

How sad that someone could do that :(

Johariz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM
My dog found two kittens in a shoebox once. They were sitting in the gutter. The box was tapped up. It was sad. I took them to our local no kill shelter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Lol...you met the crazy cat lady.
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM

:( that's terrible.

mommyoflittles
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Those poor cats could have died if you were not there

katyq
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, people who do that should be shot. Good for you for following up on your daughters question. 

Mrs._Lovett
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM

someone dropped off three puppies on my front porch in the pouring rain once. its so sad :(

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I would've been well on my way to crazy cat lady status. And likely divorced. :)

KylesWifey
by Go HAWKS!!!! on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

The box was next to a pop machine in the shadows. I wouldn't have seen it, thankfully dd did!!

Quoting katyq:

Ugh, people who do that should be shot. Good for you for following up on your daughters question. 

KylesWifey
by Go HAWKS!!!! on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, when I told dh about this, he stopped me mid story and asks 'we better not have 6 more pets.....'

Quoting momtolittleg:

I would've been well on my way to crazy cat lady status. And likely divorced. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)