Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why don't you homeschool? ***Edit***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 616 Replies
I'm just curious. There are moms that I've talked to say they would if they could stay home but their income is too important to the family and then there are other moms I know that already stay at home but don't. I'm just curious if you don't why don't you? ***Wow, thank you guys for all of your replies. I really didn't expect to get so many. I was able to read just about all of them. From what I gather here are the top three reasons. 1. Most of the children are going to great schools and love it: That's great that there are so many wonderful schools that really put the education of children first. 2. Believe that going to school is the best way for a child to be socialized. 3. Many parents don't feel that they themselves are patient or organized enough: This one puzzles me a bit. Thank you again for taking your time to answer this post!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:36 AM
6 moms liked this

I feel my children can get a more rounded education in a traditional "brick-and-mortar" school.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM
11 moms liked this

I don't have the patience.

KawaiiPika
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM
3 moms liked this
My daughter goes to private school and she has 10 kids including her in her class.

She loves it, she gets all the attention she needs and its a chance for her to socialize especially since she can be shy.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM
3 moms liked this

I do.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Mainly because of my job. I work from home. I work MANY hours a day. It would be so hard to homeschool while working. I also have school aged special needs kids and their teachers are more equipped than I, to teach them. It takes a really  qualified person to teach special needs kids.

BeautifulFey
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I've thought about it, but the schools around here aren't too bad.

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM

because she is enrolled at a very good charter school and I don't need to homeschool her. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM
6 moms liked this

because I am a shitty lazy mother

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM
12 moms liked this

I STRONGLY believe that children need the social environment.. They will work with people they should be able to learn in the same environment also! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM
That is one of the biggest ones I hear.
Quoting sugarcrisp:

I don't have the patience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)