Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Real creepy things you, or someone you know, has experienced?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
2 moms liked this

As the title said, I would love to read through some creepy true stories.  They can be about anything, so long and you were scared/creeped out by them.  

For anyone else interested in these thing, I just spent awhile on /r/creepy on reddit.  The world is a big place, and there is no telling what's out there.  That, and people can be scarier than any ghost or boogeyman.

So, lets hear what you've got ladies!

Here's one of mine.  This was a few months ago.  We don't have much of a hallway here between bedrooms.  We have my son's room on the left, the bathroom in the center, and my room on the right.  If all the doors are open, you can see in to all the rooms right from the start of the hallway (which is only a few feet large).  My son sleeps with his door open, and any time I go to the bathroom, or my room, I always peek in and check on him.  Well, this night I had been playing around on my computer, and drinking a ton of water, so by the time I had to pee it was more urgent than usual.  I am booking it to the bathroom when I glance over into DS's bed out of habit, and I had made it in to the bathroom before what I saw struck me.  DS's bed was empty, with the covers pulled back.  I turned right back around to see where he was, because it was around 2 am, and he had been sleeping soundly the last time I had looked, around midnight.  I zip around the corner, which took me all of 2 seconds to do, and he is sound asleep in his bed. I went over and checked him out, and all seemed well.  So I went back to potty.  It was freaky though, because I have to assume my mind was playing a trick on me.  I mean, it was weird seeing his covers thrown back, and the spot he sleeps empty.  I swear I saw it as vividly as I saw him sleeping there a moment later.  It creeped me out, and my insomnia was a lot worse after that.  

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mizuagi
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this
When I was a kid, I would spend my summers in Mexico with my grandma. My aunt still lived with her and she would go out at night and come home late. We were all in bed and I was laying on a bed right outside my aunts room. I couldn't sleep and I look toward my aunts room and I see a shadow type thing of a person, very clear, float from the kitchen into my aunts room. I freaked out and called for my grandma and asked her if my aunt was home. When she said no, I told her what happened. All she said was, "oh, it must have been a spirit" like if it was nothing. haha
lyranightshade
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:01 AM
5 moms liked this
Do my ex husbands count?
MumsTheWord571
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:09 AM
When I was about 7 or so I was taking a bath. I had really long hair so I'd swish my head around, sit up and push away the bubbles and go for another rinse. Our bathroom had 2 doors. So I'm swishing, sit up and see my "sister" who was 2 and I tell her hey you're not supposed to be in here and lay back down. Only to remember I'd locked the doors! I sat back up and she was gone, both doors were locked! There was NO way that could have been her!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:11 AM

I just thought of another one, but it's a different kind of creepy.  I was dating this guy a long while ago, who was a super big momma's boy.  It weirded me out how close they were, but I just took it as the way he was.  He used to talk in his sleep, and said weird things.  Then one night he hollered out something like "suck my dick, yeah like that" and started moaning.  I started giggling, and got out my camcorder so I could show him the next day, which I had done before.  As soon as I turned it on, he started saying "yeah, like that mom" and other things along the line.  I actually caught it on camera.  It gave me this like, burning, stomach dropping, embarrassed/ashamed feeling.  I couldn't bring myself to show him the next day.  I ended up just dumping him a week later.  I showed my sister and friends, and they all agreed it was weird, and that I did the right thing by dumping him.

Though, looking back, it may have just been a weird dream.  He never remembered saying any of the things he said in his sleep.  I never got the feeling he was having sex with his mom, more like neither of them were ready to let go or something.  But it really freaked me out at the time.  

MumsTheWord571
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:11 AM
When I'm worried or stressed my dads mom (grandma) appears to me. She has for as long as I can remember. She always appears at the foot of my bed watching the door or by the side of the bed looking through, not at me. The thing is, I NEVER met my Dad until I was 16, and NEVER met her as she was murdered when my Dad was 3! Yet, when I saw the picture of his Mom I recognized her as the spirit who watches over me in times of need!
MumsTheWord571
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM
When my DS was a baby I was really upset that my Grandma Jean had passed away a year before. She was like a mom to me. I still miss her desperately. So I lay there in bed with DS in the bassinet beside me and I hear a lullaby and open my eyes to see a hand dipping into the bassinet. I looked up and it was her! Standing over the crib humming a lullaby to my DS! Just as fast as I saw her she was suddenly gone!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to see if I can find the post on my computer.  If I can, I'll copy and paste a few to share with you ladies.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:26 AM

My house burned down about three years ago and we had to live in a rental house while we rebuilt it. The entire house had this really creepy vibe to it, it was like 2,200 square feet but I've never felt so claustrophobic in my entire life. No matter where you were in the house there was always some angle that you couldn't see into some other room from and it always felt like someone was there, watching. It was laid out in such a way that if you went to check, you put yourself in a position where someone could move into another spot from the spot you were checking without being seen and without you being able to see into the new spot. I know this because the few times I played hide and seek with my kids in that house we pulled that trick on each other. At night, you'd constantly hear noises, even after being there for 6 months I never got used to them.

The worst part was when it was finally time to move into our rebuilt house. The plan was that my wife and I would take turns to watching the kids at the new house and packing up our stuff at the rental, my wife went first and came back with only half of our van full, she told me she wasn't going back because it was creeping her out being there by herself. I, of course, scoffed at this, unloaded the van and told her I would finish it up. It was still day at this point but the house wasn't any creepier than usual.

Around 9:00pm I was in the bottom floor packing up the play room, which I had saved for last purely because it would it was going take the longest and I hated being down there. I had my headphones on and was listening to an audiobook as I packed. I heard a bang on the wall next to me over the audiobook, the wall shared the long hallway. I thought it was weird but figured I knocked something against it. I sat down to put some toys into a bin and thought I saw something flash by the door out of the corner of my eye, but when I looked, nothing. I chalked that up to me just being tired, creeped and stressed out. Then I heard it. The stairs that go up to the kitchen area go over this room, I heard loud bangs like someone running up them and then across the ceiling towards the back of the house, I grabbed the nearest weapon like thing (a broom) and gave chase. When I got to the top floor I noticed that the sliding glass door to the back deck were wide open and when I ran out onto the deck I could see a black shape disappearing into the woods at the back of the property. I quickly grabbed everything, threw it in the van, locked the doors and noped out of there. I called the owners (who were in Texas) and let them know about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:28 AM

Years ago I was a truck driver. I had a partner and while going through Kentucky, he said that we were going to be near his ex in laws house and we could stay the night with them. I hated sleeping in the truck so I was grateful and said sure. They owned a good chunk of land so there was no other houses anywhere near us. Even though they were his ex wive's parents they were happy to see him and really nice people. The house was really old. I mean no AC or central heat. It was December so we didn't miss the air conditioner but it was pretty cold and all they had was a couple of wood stoves or electric space heaters. Still better than sleeping in that damn truck though. Anyway, when I was time for sleep, I climbed into a bed with so many blankets on it that when I covered up, I had a hard time moving. But I needed them because my room had no heat at all. I happen to like it a bit chilly, and I was tired as hell so I fell asleep quickly. Absolutely nothing happened that night. The next day, I was getting dressed and as I bent over my duffle bag to get clean socks, I felt a shove in the small of my back. Looking behind me, expecting to see my partner, I saw that I was alone. I shrugged it off and finished getting dressed. The lady of the house made us an awesome breakfast while her husband told some of the history of the house. Apparently, a pretty bad civil war battle happened on the land. A lot of dead, some of which were buried about 20 feet from where we sat. I wasn't a supernatural believer so the phantom shove never entered my mind as I told all of this. But as we drove away I told my partner about what had happened to me and he told me that was why I stayed in that room instead of him. He told me that the house was haunted by some of the civil war soldiers and the times that he had stayed in that room he had gotten no sleep because of the ghostly activity. I said that nothing happened to me throughout the night just the almost playful poke in the morning. He asked me where I was from, I told him Texas and he said that explains it. The ghosts are confederate soldiers and I'm from the south. He was from Maine. He was a Yankee. They let me sleep because I was a southern boy. The poke was them just messing me a bit, sounding howdy if you will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:29 AM

I've told this story on here once or twice before, and I wasn't alone in the house, so I don't know if you want to hear it, but it was definitely the creepiest thing that's happened to me so far.

When I was about 12 or 13 years old, I used to share a room with my sister as at that time we didn't have enough rooms in the house to let us each have our own room. We each had a bed on opposite sides of the room, each up against our own wall. It was early in the morning, and I had woken up about ten minutes before our alarm clock and just laid in bed, facing my wall. When the alarm clock goes off, I reached behind me without turning around and slapped the alarm off. I hear my sister sounding half asleep say "I'm up! I'm up!" So I wait another minute and then turn over in bed. As I turn away from the wall towards the rest of my room I find myself looking at this figure leaning over my bed staring at me. It was dark, and I could only make out the outline of the figure as it itself looked pitch black, kind of like a shadow that I couldn't see through. I assume its my sister being strange, so I just stare back for about 30 seconds before the figure stands up straight, turns, and walks out of my room. I decide its time to get up myself and walk over to the light switch in the room and flip it on. Thats when I started to freak out. My sister was still lying in bed asleep.

A similar experience happened to me again a few years later. I had my own room at this point, right across the hallway from my old room that I had shared with my sister, which had become her own room. I was sitting in my bed playing some video game which I don't recall now, when I got the feeling I was being watched. I turned around to face my bedroom door leading to the hallway and that solid shadow figure was just standing there, looking right back at me! I froze and couldn't do anything but stare back again. After a few seconds, it turned, walked down the hallway and into the bathroom at the end of the hallway. Somehow I got the courage to jump out of bed, run down the hall and into the dark bathroom after it, I guess my curiosity got the better of me. I flipped the light switch in the bathroom and when the lights came on, I was the only thing in there, the shadow figure had disappeared.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured