Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How far would you go to correct an order in a restaurant? Would you attack your server?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 122 Replies

Waitress Attacked by Customers in Restaurant for Bringing the Wrong Order

by Rebecca Stokes

red lobster, waitressDo not come between a woman and her dinner. Three defendants have been named in a case where a Red Lobster waitress found herself on the receiving end of a major beat-down. That's right -- a poor, innocent waitress just doing her job was attacked by her customers. What did she do to make them think violence was an option? She brought them broiled fish instead of fried fish. That's right: the order was wrong.

The craziest part of this story (and there are many crazy parts) isn't even that such a large group of women decided to assault the waitress for a harmless oversight. It's that they didn't even beat up the waitress who was responsible for taking their order! 

The victim, Heather Frink, actually thought she had the whole situation solved. She was on her way to ask about comping the meals of the entire dinner party because of the mix-up when one of the defendants called her a name. Heather turned around to confront the customer and she was attacked. The whole thing was captured on video and went viral.

I'm sorry but what possessed these people to react this way? I have a hard enough time gathering up the courage to send food back even if it's not what I ordered. I can't imagine going full-on berserk at a waitress. Servers have to deal with awful customers more and more lately, it seems. The food industry is a high-stress place -- but could that stress be leaking out of the kitchen and impacting diners? 

One assailant, Ania Wilkes, has already been found guilty of felony assault and mob action. With that in mind, it doesn't look good for the new defendants, Denise McNeal, Lareka McNeal, and Diane Ryland.  

How far would you go to correct an order in a restaurant?

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Um, I'd speak to a manager.
Not beat the snot out of her.

Poor woman, I hope she is okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Geee. I never thought my job could be so violent. Obviously, i wouldn't beat up anyone.
kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I give them once but if my food is wrong a second time (that time or a different trip) I don't go back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM
22 moms liked this

i'm sorry, what was the question? i got distracted by the photo of lobster dripping with butter..

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM
4 moms liked this

GOOD GOD, THE PICTURE... I couldn't even focus on the story...

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow! What a bunch of bitches. If you have so such poor social skills, maybe going out to eat isn't for you, lol.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Quoting kmjmlj:

I give them once but if my food is wrong a second time (that time or a different trip) I don't go back

I agree. But I'm guessing you wouldn't beat them up :)
garnet83
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM
4 moms liked this

The cooks prepare the food, not the waitress. Because I work with the horrible public, I am very kind and patient with others who do the same. Dealing with the public is extremely hard work and the general public is not pleasant. If my order is wrong, I let the waitress know. If she gets it corrected, no biggie. If the cooks get it wrong again, I say something about the cooks...not the waitress.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM

My rule of thumb is if my order is wrong or not cooked to my liking then I ask the waitress to remove my plate and take my dinner off the tab. I never send food back or want it replaced. 

Master_Debater
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I always send it back if it's wrong. I don't really even get upset if it's a legit restaurant because I've never worked at one to see how easy it could be to mess it up, kwim. Now fast food place, I will get upset because there's really no excuse, but I'd still never get violent or call them a name out loud lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)