Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dd is suspended already!*update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 385 Replies
1 mom liked this

my dd corrected her teacher today,they were talking about Hawaii,the teacher couldnt pronounce something so dd raised her hand and corrected the teacher (in a nice way) the teacher got butthurt and waited until dd left the class to call the principal. the teacher lied and said dd's piercings were disturbing the class!!! so my dd is suspended because she refuses to take her piercings out(one micro nose stud and 6 earrings in each ear) and i agree with her,theres no rules about piercings,hell the kids helping out the office looked like they fell into a tackle box. the teacher just got pissed off that dd corrected her

ETA:this is the same teacher as last year(this teacher teaches junior and senior science and history) that kept telling dd she couldnt do her weather "report" on Hawaii because she couldnt spell Hawaii correctly.....yet dd spelled Hawaii<<<<<<like that,she even showed me the notebook that she wrote hawaii the exact same way 15 times.

update:met with the district,6 kids out of the 12 showed up,the teacher was there, and the teacher told them that dd correcting her pissed her off,so she told the principal that the piercings were disrupting the class. dd can go back to school tomorrow

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM
5 moms liked this

Well did you ask the school where to show you the piercing rule in the handbook?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM
24 moms liked this

off subject funny..my brother went fishing and got a lure stuck in the back of his head..the dr thought it was an earring at first and asked him to remove it, he said "that's why I'm here doc...YOU remove it" LOL

D.O.E.
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM
3 moms liked this

i used to correct my English teachers grammar all the time, it drove her nuts lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Well did you ask the school where to show you the piercing rule in the handbook?

yes and there is none,i read all the rules because dd got her nose pierced over the summer to make sure dd wouldnt have to take it out

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

off subject funny..my brother went fishing and got a lure stuck in the back of his head..the dr thought it was an earring at first and asked him to remove it, he said "that's why I'm here doc...YOU remove it" LOL

lol ok thats funny

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd fight it. But can't belive a teacher would pull something like that, and that a princeapal would just suspend a student like that, specially if like you said the kids in the office have many piercings. And if there is no rule against it then they shouldn't be able to suspend her for hers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Dammm what kind of school she goes to? Military school or something. If there is no piercing rule then go to the school and raise hell there
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you sure there's nothing in the handbook about piercings? My elementary dd school handbook and middle school son handbooks each have a section about piercings. As well as my high schooler. There could be more to this story then what you were told.

ragdoll13
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

i would demand to be shown where the rule on piercings is printed in the handbook.  Then I would demand that her suspenstion be lifted.   My LO's are not in school, but this is the kinda crap that made my HS prinicipal fear my mother . . . 

disastermind
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM
2 moms liked this

How can they suspend her for something that a lot of other kids have? I'd fight that one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)