Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It angers me when women say "I just don't have the patience...

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 494 Replies
28 moms liked this

I will never understand people who say " I just don't have the patience to deal with my kids all the time" WHY HAVE KIDS?? If you don't want to deal with them don't freaking have them. I'll never understand people not wanting to accept responsibility for the choices they made. Yes YOU chose to have children, not anyone else, YOU. If you didn't want to deal with them you should not have had them. There are tons of people out there who would love to have children to "deal" with. Your kids need and deserve someone who cares about them enough to not see them as a burden. Yes, my kids get on my nerves from time to time, but "dealing" with them is my job as a mother. Its not their fault I chose to get pregnant and have them, it was mine, and I refuse to make them feel bad for MY choice. 

Rant over... jump all over the post now cause you know you will..

I am not talking about taking a break now and then from your kids. Once in a while going out without them is completely understandable, and like I said my kids get on my nerves and I send them to grandmas one night every 1-2 months. BUT I'm talking about people who ship their kids off every weekend to go with their friends and get "wasted" and are constantly complaining about thier kids, and yes I know people like this in real life. It doesn't make sense to me. Everyone needs a break every now and then.

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM
108 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM
115 moms liked this

Nobody has the patience to deal with kids 24/7/365. We're not robots.

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Oh no.  >.<

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM
25 moms liked this

that is why i stopped at two. and you never know what you will have to deal with when you decide to have kids. I had no clue that i would have sn child who has bipolar and ODD and ADHD. and to be honest i don't have the patience to deal with the all the time and i need a break. not everyone is prefect like you seem to think you are and sometimes we just need a break. I would go crazy if i didn't get a break every now and again.

Anonymous
19 moms liked this

I agree. Like we SAHM's are just born with more patience? Really? I want to say, it's not that you have too little patience, it's that you have too much selfishness. Of course we'd all rather go to a nice office and leave the diaper changing to someone else. BUT, that's not what is best for the kid. And I do what's best for my kid, not what is best for me..

Anonymous
50 moms liked this

I didn't know the full extent of what I was getting into.  I hadn't even held a baby.  But what's done is done and unfortunately I didn't automatically get extra patience just because I had a child.  So sometimes, I really just want to be left alone and don't have the patience to listen to a 10 minute monologue about minecraft.   He'll get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Blah blah blah.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM
37 moms liked this

I dont have the patience for my teenager a lot of the times.....

So whatcha gonna do about it????

Im more than happy to GIVE YOU my teenager

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM
7 moms liked this

I have always been a patient person, even before having kids, I just don't let little things get to me, the way some others do, (like my husband who is possibly the most impatient man who ever lived). I've always just naturally enjoyed everything about kids. Yes, they have their annoying little quirks, that can put you on the verge of insanity, but for me, I find a way to make that annoying little thing my kid does, into something fun or even funny, which a lot of it is just hilarious.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM
17 moms liked this
Well... Sometimes I don't. I'm human. Are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured