Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wisdom Teeth

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: When did you have your wisdom teeth removed?

Options:

I had those suckers taken out before I was 22

I evicted them when I was 23-27

I had them out between 27-30

The dentist confiscated them when I was 31-35

I finally gave in and had them pulled at 35+

I am younger than 29 and still have mine

I am over 30 and still have mine

I am highly evolved and didn't even have those useless teeth!

Apple Jacks do NOT taste like apples

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

Do you still have these troublesome tenants living in the back of your mouth?

If you had them removed, how old were you when they were removed?

I am 30, and I still have mine. They've been troublemakers in the past, but I think we've come to an understanding.

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I just had mine pulled not too long ago. They never bothered me, but my dentist said the one would probably become an issue when I was elderly. So I had them all pulled.
It's a good thing too since the one he was concerned about was sideways in my jaw and in the very early stages of decay.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I was told to get mine pulled, the pain went away and I never scheduled my extraction so they are still residing in my mouth and they were unforgotten until I saw this post.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Apply jacks do not taste like apples!

Oh I am 26 and still have mine.

Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I just had mine pulled not too long ago. They never bothered me, but my dentist said the one would probably become an issue when I was elderly. So I had them all pulled.
It's a good thing too since the one he was concerned about was sideways in my jaw and in the very early stages of decay.

That is one thing that causes me to worry. My top two teeth have not come through the gums, and according to the x-ray, are facing in the wrong direction.

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

italk2rox
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I just had mine pulled in April. I'm 25. I was having trouble with them because they were just barely showing and I couldn't clean them properly so they were decaying. Also, they were causing my jaw to click. Every dentist I talked to said the clicking was from something else. Well, I got them removed and no more clicking!

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, I am going to be honest. My dentist was great. I was numbed enough and he had it out in about 10 minutes.
I should have taken the pain meds before my novacaine (sp?) wore off. That 30 minutes waiting for it to kick in was awful.
I ate only soft food for three days and even that hurt a little.
By day four I was fine. Make sure to follow the instructions exactly.... do not try to do stuff you're not supposed to.

Quoting Cymbeline:

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

That is one thing that causes me to worry. My top two teeth have not come through the gums, and according to the x-ray, are facing in the wrong direction.

nerdymom28

I was...25, I think? I had to have them removed because they were crowding my other teeth. And I wasn't about to let those f*ckers undo all the work my braces did. I wasn't okay with the idea of having gone through all that pain for nothing.

caito

I'm dying at your options lol

I had them out when I was 16.

kristen0812
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Haha. It's weird, I only had 3! I had one removed and the other 2 haven't given me any trouble yet.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I had them out at 17 or 18

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)