Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Married Couple Found to be Twins Separated at Birth

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 180 Replies
Married Couple Found to be Twins Separated at Birth – New Adoption Regulation Called For

http://www.highlightpress.com/married-couple-found-to-be-twins-separated-at-birth-new-adoption-regulation-called-for/4477/mhoster

In an incredibly rare twist of fate, a married couple in the UK have had their marriage annulled after discovering that they were in fact twins separated at birth. The pair apparently had no idea they were related, though felt an “inevitable attraction” that brought them together.
According to a peer addressing the House of Lords, the case highlights the importance of ensuring all adopted children have access to the details of their biological parents.
The twins at the center of the case have chosen to keep their identities hidden.
Speaking with the BBC in the UK, the peer spoke of the dangers associated with hiding a person’s identity over the long term.

“If you start trying to conceal someone’s identity, sooner or later the truth will out,” the peer told the BBC.
“And if you don’t know you are biologically related to someone, you may become attracted to them and tragedies like this may occur.”
According to adoption officials in the UK, one of the biggest problems is the way in which human beings are naturally and instinctively drawn towards those they are similar to and share traits with. The west has a generally severe attitude toward incest which is considered abhorrent by most, but once the family tie is removed from the equation the attraction felt between related individuals can be completely overwhelming.
The fact that this particular case represents an extraordinary twist of fate is therefore considered irrelevant – adopted children must for their own wellbeing be made aware of their family trees.
No additional details have been made public about the couple’s future intent, though to continue the relationship even at such a stage would be in violation of UK law.

Open Records to adult adoptees NOW!

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Louweezymarie
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM

FIRST!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM

nooooooooooooo

Josie_P
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
5 moms liked this

Worst fear EVER!! OMG can you imagine that?? After you've had sex with your brother? AHHHH!

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM
3 moms liked this

And some people still can't see the need for open records. Ugh these poor people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM
i do not agree with that what if a mother does not want to see the child she gave up
Shani527
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Poor guys.
"I slept with my twin"
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
6 moms liked this

I can only imagine how their lives will be forever be changed. Poor people! 

I disagree with closed adoptions, this is NOT the first time siblings have had this happen but twins? I cannot even imagine that. They must have felt as though they found their "soul mate". 

Kriskash25
by Kristina on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM
5 moms liked this

Dang that's a Greek tragedy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM

So the mother has more rights than the children? Should it be required by law that adoptive children take DNA tests before they can marry? Or they have sex with someone, ever? 

Maybe mom should have not found her in the position to pregnant and giving her child up... These children have rights that sound supersede the mother's. 

Quoting Anonymous:

i do not agree with that what if a mother does not want to see the child she gave up

MyStarLight
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM
5 moms liked this
This is why children shouldnt be separated especially twince.and triplets
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)