Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is a true welfare queen

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
5 moms liked this

My dh has a coworker. He makes $18 hour, my dh make a tad bit more. anyways he has this girlfriend who has 3 kids one of the kids is his. They refuse to get married because they will lose assistance if they did. So she gets  close to 700 a month in food stamps, medicaid, wic and is now getting ssi on her 6 year old who has adhd. 

I know all of this because she keeps telling me that i need to do what she did to get ssi. LIke i told my dh if i did what they did and lie i could get all of that too but i did things the right way, married my children father and use his income. Yes if i lied i could get an ssi check on my ds who has bipolar, ODD and ADHD.

I am not going to fuck the system and i think it is wrong to do so.  NO i am not jealous because i don't need the extra, we are doing fine, we don't live above our means like they do. 

I am also not bashing people on PA because there has been times i have had to receive PA myself but it is people like her that make everyone on PA seem like lazy moochers.

I am only making this post because i hate it when people tell me to lie to screw the system.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I hate that too. Blah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
4 moms liked this

You can turn them in you know...anonymously.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Shr sounds like a peach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry...people like that think they're getting over but they never prosper.   

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM

When my DD was graduating from college and trying to get into Grad school-the admission councilor told her that "If you just had a kid, we could totally hook you up with financial aid". True story. I just about fell off my chair so I thoroughly get your post. Boo!!!!

leksismommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I swore I would never report someone for something like this, but this one really grinds my gears

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM
You can still get ssi and not lie. My ds gets it and we use dhs income. But yea she's trashy
MyStarLight
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM
What why would someone get SSI for ADHD
And she is stupid cheating the system when there are families who actually need help
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM

You can still get SSI for any disabilities. That's not the same as lying to get PA. I know people who work under the table & lie to welfare saying they have no income & get tons of food stamps & medicaid. Crazy.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I find that fucked up..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)