Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is a true welfare queen

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
5 moms liked this

My dh has a coworker. He makes $18 hour, my dh make a tad bit more. anyways he has this girlfriend who has 3 kids one of the kids is his. They refuse to get married because they will lose assistance if they did. So she gets  close to 700 a month in food stamps, medicaid, wic and is now getting ssi on her 6 year old who has adhd. 

I know all of this because she keeps telling me that i need to do what she did to get ssi. LIke i told my dh if i did what they did and lie i could get all of that too but i did things the right way, married my children father and use his income. Yes if i lied i could get an ssi check on my ds who has bipolar, ODD and ADHD.

I am not going to fuck the system and i think it is wrong to do so.  NO i am not jealous because i don't need the extra, we are doing fine, we don't live above our means like they do. 

I am also not bashing people on PA because there has been times i have had to receive PA myself but it is people like her that make everyone on PA seem like lazy moochers.

I am only making this post because i hate it when people tell me to lie to screw the system.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I hate that too. Blah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
4 moms liked this

You can turn them in you know...anonymously.

lapcounter
Bright, bright things ahead for us!!! Super excited
Yesterday at 9:17 AM
by Queen Mom on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Shr sounds like a peach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry...people like that think they're getting over but they never prosper.   

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM

When my DD was graduating from college and trying to get into Grad school-the admission councilor told her that "If you just had a kid, we could totally hook you up with financial aid". True story. I just about fell off my chair so I thoroughly get your post. Boo!!!!

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I swore I would never report someone for something like this, but this one really grinds my gears

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM
You can still get ssi and not lie. My ds gets it and we use dhs income. But yea she's trashy
MyStarLight
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM
What why would someone get SSI for ADHD
And she is stupid cheating the system when there are families who actually need help
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM

You can still get SSI for any disabilities. That's not the same as lying to get PA. I know people who work under the table & lie to welfare saying they have no income & get tons of food stamps & medicaid. Crazy.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I find that fucked up..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN