Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should their be an express lane for us?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 30 Replies
I mean in retail at least for those of us who are prepared to check out, have our method of payment ready, etc.. And then the cashier should also be able to move just as fast pace. Along with that, the cashier should have someone to assist them with bagging, etc.

I dont see why should someone who has two items should have to wait 15 minutes in line to checkout.

I guess you can more understand my vent if you work in retail.
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM
No I agree. I've been on line with a women who used 3 different credit cards, all declined, had to call her husband, remembered she had cash but forgot eggs. I wanted to seriously punch her.
CinnamonBunns84
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Its instances like that that make me say there should at least be an express lane. Or even a cash only lane or something. And if an item does not have a tag, suspend the transaction and continue. I mean Ive spent many years in retail and I observed business lose customers because of slow check outs.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I agree. I've been on line with a women who used 3 different credit cards, all declined, had to call her husband, remembered she had cash but forgot eggs. I wanted to seriously punch her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:30 AM
2 moms liked this
No, people need to learn how to slow down. I mean seriously do you realize how petty it sounds to complain that you have to wait 15 minutes? I mean good grief.
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Apart from small shops, don't most big businesses have an express lane? Every grocery store I've been to has one, as well as walmart, Fred Meyer, ect
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes.

Or they should actually have sufficent staffing.

I HATE that EVERY SINGLE STORE I have ever walked into (except publix and harris teeter) has 3 people but 40 check out lanes.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I want to breathe fire on people who have more than twenty items in their cart and go through the express lane at the store.
SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:34 AM
That's why Harris Teeter rocks... I love my grocery store. LOL

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Yes.

I HATE that EVERY SINGLE STORE I have ever walked into (except publix and harris teeter) has 3 people but 40 check out lanes.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:35 AM

They were just bought out by Kroger. I SINCERELY hope Kroger doesnt go and fuck them up.

I do mystery shops at HT probably once a month. If it was closer I'd be there every week! (its 72 miles away!)

I farkin LOVE harris teeter. I love publix too. I refuse to ever move to an area without a publix or HT lol

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Yes.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:37 AM

The grocery store I shop at has 8 self checkout machines, 4 express lanes, and a policy of opening new registers if there is a line more than 2 deep. At the same time, though, they are polite to customers when something goes wrong and don't make you feel like crap when your card doesn't go through or you have to use 3 different cards to pay your total.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh, I did the exact same thing when I heard about the Kroger buy-out. They better leave it the hell alone. It's perfect just the way it is...

Quoting thefiregoddess:

They were just bought out by Kroger. I SINCERELY hope Kroger doesnt go and fuck them up.

I do mystery shops at HT probably once a month. If it was closer I'd be there every week! (its 72 miles away!)

I farkin LOVE harris teeter. I love publix too. I refuse to ever move to an area without a publix or HT lol

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN