Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Period" While Pregnant.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

I need some info on this.  What can you tell me about it?

What might cause a period while pregnant? 

If a person is continuing to take the pill, is it possible that it would cause them to bleed throughout the first trimester?

What kinds of things might cause a person to miss prenancy during the whole first trimester?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strontium
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM

HUH?

Alexandria622
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM

My cousin bled every 28 days (for 6 months) while pregnant with her daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Did she ever find out why?

Quoting Alexandria622:

My cousin bled every 28 days (for 6 months) while pregnant with her daughter.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I had a "false" period at the beginning of my first pregnancy, so I didn't know I was pregnant until I was about 9 weeks along. Stranger things have happened.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM

its not a period a period is a spacific process its just bleeding during pregnancy mistaken as a period .lots of things can cause bleeding while pregnant .like clots  implantation bleeding or bruised cervix (the cervix bleeds easily)  placental abruption .miscarriage

not seeing the signs of pregnancy would cause someone to miss it .sometimes the signs are there but the mother chalks it down to something else or just doesnt have any signs like a missed period heartburn nausea ect

.are you pregnant ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM
My sister and aunt had periods with their pregnancies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is someone taking BC when they are pregnant? It could be implantation bleeding and not a real period, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen. I'm asking WHY it happens!

Quoting nerdymom28:

I had a "false" period at the beginning of my first pregnancy, so I didn't know I was pregnant until I was about 9 weeks along. Stranger things have happened.

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Ok....more info please? Are you newly pregnant and (or still are) taking the pill?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I've been watching a lot of "I didn't know I was pregnant" and just curious what kinds of things could cause a woman to miss that. 

Quoting babie113:

its not a period its just bleeding during pregnancy mistaken as a period .lots of things can cause bleeding while pregnant .like clots  implantation bleeding or bruised cervix (the cervix bleeds easily)  placental abruption .miscarriage

not seeing the signs of pregnancy would cause someone to miss it .sometimes the signs are there but the mother chalks it down to something else or just doesnt have any signs like a missed period heartburn nausea ect

.are you pregnant ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN