Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need some input

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my mother in law is going to be watching my two daughters (2 & 1) 2 days a week no more than 7 hours each day. I asked her what she wanted me to pay her but she just said I could pay her whatever. I just want to be fair. What would be a good price?

****EDIT*****

She wont be watching them so I can work. I have to get in my clinical hours for school. The first 2 months it is 40 hours a month then the last two months will be 40 hours a week and when that happens we will be paying more than now. Just thought I should add that. 

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Eh, my parents nor his ever make us pay for them to watch their grandchildren.  I really dont understand how family can make family pay.  It just seems really wrong to me.  I guess if they are in an fincancial bind, maybe 5 to 6 bucks per hour.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Going rate at the local FCC providers (in home daycare) is $20 a day per child. I'd probably offer $20 a day for both just to make sure there's no problems affording any special snacks, lunch, wipes etc anything you won't be providing for constantly.
samyee33
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Like $25 each day I think is reasonable
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Honestly, I have no idea of the going rate of childcare. The only people who watch DD are her grandparents and occasionally her aunties, but they are always happy to spend time with her and refuse payment of any kind. =/

Here's a bump though.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom refuses money. :/

EmmasMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I always bring everything they need with me such as wipes, diapers, ect. even when I bring their snacks and such she still feeds them whatever they want (she thinks they want).
Quoting Anonymous:

Going rate at the local FCC providers (in home daycare) is $20 a day per child. I'd probably offer $20 a day for both just to make sure there's no problems affording any special snacks, lunch, wipes etc anything you won't be providing for constantly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN