Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My very rude, ghetto, bad food stamp experience. Kinda long, sorry:(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

I want to make this very very clear first, i am on Food stamps myself.  But I am getting cut off in a month bc I no longer qualify (thank god) .  So i am not bashing anyone. This disturbed me.

My dh and i stopped at walmart to get my son who was with my brother.  While we were there I picked up a bottle of water.  My 2 year old was with us as well and she isnt good around people she doesn't know.  Anyways Walmart, you know only ever has like 2 lines open, so the lines are going alllllll the way down to the apparel department.  I went into the bathroom and my dh stayed in line.  I get out and hes in another line. I guess they opened one.  He looked extremely frustrated.  I got into the line with him and I notice these to chicks one was younger and one was older (mother and daughter)  they had cart loads of stuff.  They were extremely rude to the cashier.  The cashier asked if she could ring something up, it was a lunchable that she was opening (before paying for it) and giving it to her dd.  The customer threw a fit, "di you think I am going to steal a stupid lunchable? here!" and threw it at her.  I was shocked at the cashiers patience, I would have lost it.  anyways it seemed to be about a half hour later, (the whole time my dd is crying her eyes out bc she didnt like the people behind us for some reason and we tried to move the cart out  in front and those ladies refused to let us by)  meanwhile, we have 1 thing to pay for.   Now they are finally done, and she starts complaining about how her food stamps didnt cover everything and wanted to know what wasnt covered.  She was demanding, and nasty about it.  The cashier kept taking the receipts and looks and she said "idk miss, i cant tell, idk what is covered and what is not"   Food stamps in my state covers just about everything, you know if something isnt covered, beer is like the only thing and hot foods.  

I finally said loudly "ok this is enough, i am going to customer service' i grabbed out stuff and went up there to pay for it.  My dh filled me in he says that when they opened the line, despite the fact he only had one thing, she took her cart and rammed it into my dhs cart (with my dd in it mind you)  and cut in front of him, then she was complaining about everything and whatever. 

Her mother shows up, rudely tells my dh to move out of her way.  Apperently they got hot food, which isnt covered on fs, they tried to play the store out and get them for free. These are the food stamp/PA users people should be bashing.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaughtTot
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!
I don't like to respond (or even read) to the PA posts because of the drama, but the title interested me enough to give you a bump. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I agree. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM

thanks! it was nothing bad towards PA users. 

Quoting TaughtTot:

BUMP!
I don't like to respond (or even read) to the PA posts because of the drama, but the title interested me enough to give you a bump. 

FireCoyote
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Ghetto rude people.
KiKi-Love
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I would've told her to learn some damn manners & develop the common sense she seems to lack, ghetto trash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
So they are shitty people. Their behavior has nothing to do with whether or not they get food stamps.
Heatherp23
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Seems like they are greedy ass people. We are on FS, Even with DH working 3 jobs we still qualify and thank God we do. We don't get much and it has recently been reduced to a little under $200 but still I would never act that way. There are things you can't buy with food stamps. it's common sense. if you cant get it on food stamps ask the cashier to put it back or put it back your damn self. it's not hard. I hate people like that. Makes people like me who actually need them and arent assholes a bad name

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

and i am not even calling them ghetto just to be derogatory, they actually were ghetto! If  iwas that cashier I would have walked away, she did a very good job!

Quoting KiKi-Love:

I would've told her to learn some damn manners & develop the common sense she seems to lack, ghetto trash.

shimmifairy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Yeah, that was definitely low class....and I think they would have behaved the same if they were paying with cash instead of FS...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)