Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has your child been molested?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I believe something happened to my daughter. I don't know if she was touched, heard or saw something inappropriate or maybe shamed in some way. I'm certain it happened at her school that I have taken her out of. She finally told me that in the after school daycare, an older girl read inappropriate material from a book while my six year old did her homework. I've caught her putting her privates in her sister's face and reprimanded her. Since she didn't stop (it's been a few occasions), I've asked why and where she comes up with this. Could it be that she just thinks it's funny, like putting her butt in someone's face, not that I'd allow that either, or is this suspicious? 

Anyway, wondering if anyone could share signs they saw in their children that alerted them they'd been exposed to something they shouldn't have. Of course I ask if anyone has touched her or shown her things. So far, she hasn't said if anyone has touched her. I ask so as not to interrogate her, just when the opportunity presents itself. This last time with the privates displayed, she told me about this girl.

Any (serious and helpful) input?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Mine has not, thankfully! I hope you get some answers and that she just thinks it's funny, and nothing happened to her. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Dd told me in detail that her daddy made her do something really inappropriate. and that's when i called cps and had her dad reported. he now forbidden to ever see or speak to dd less cps or the courts say he can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:08 AM

oh how awful. I'm so happy to hear cps followed through after hearing the horror stories. Thank God your dd knew she could speak to you honestly. I think my dd would tell me of something clearly bad...but grey areas can be hard to describe with a child's vocabulary. Hope all in your family are doing well now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I've been curious about my 5 year old... I catch her playing with herself and riding her stuffed animals and she makes weird sexual noises.. She's never caught or heard us in bed so I'm really not sure where it comes from :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Well masturbation is totally normal, and kids will come to orgasm even though it's not sexual at that age. But when there's just so much emphasis or they don't stop when they're told (to only do that in private), then maye there's something to be concerned about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN