Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The flu shot does NOT make you sick.. #added statement #Second added information for those not understanding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 197 Replies
10 moms liked this

Im sooo tired of seeing the same arguments against the flu shot (again, shot not mist). People saying "Well, everytime I got it I got sick right after getting it'' .. You all realize that the shot does NOT contain a live virus correct? & That your pathogens do not protect against the flu antigen for over two weeks. If you get sick RIGHT after your shot you were already exposed. It is contagious for 24 hours before signs begin to appear to 7 days after, so someone you were around who may not have appeared sick could still have spread it.

Also unless you have been certified by a doctor as having the flu through TESTING, that nasty bug that left you in pain/vomitting ect. was more often than not a cold.

#1.)Apparently people are not understanding what I am saying. I have nothing against people not getting the shot. Its people who claim that the flu shot gave them the flu

#2.) I am not saying that the flu shot does protect you and that you will NOT get the flu, I said it does not CAUSE the flu. Jeeezzz

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM
3 moms liked this
I pass on the flu shot because every year I get the shot I'm sicker than I don't know what. Now whether that's the luck of the draw or the shot, I don't know. I don't care either. I'll pass.
pregnantmama105
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM
my sister got the shot then. a little over got sick for 1/3 times

btw the autopsy they did confirmed it. was the flu
hopeym23
by J3 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Your sister died from it???

Quoting pregnantmama105:

my sister got the shot then. a little over got sick for 1/3 times

btw the autopsy they did confirmed it. was the flu

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I was in fact tested and had the flu, after getting the shot. You say people cannot get sick but after what we went through I have my doubts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM

i'm sure your opinion, OP will be in the negative here...judging by replies on former flu shot posts, everyone said it made them sick..

Spfldmomof2
by Kimberly on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! Old wives tales! Like you'll get a cold from being outside. I say this every year, but nobody listens!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM
no im sayimg the flu shot does not cause you to get sick. same as all vaccines its not 100%

Quoting Anonymous:

I was in fact tested and had the flu, after getting the shot. You say people cannot get sick but after what we went through I have my doubts.
KGreen75
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Logic isn't a common thing on here.

With that said, we don't get the flu shots. I see no need for it. We are all healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosewind13
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Really? Because the only time I have had the flu was the only time I have ever been vaccinated for it.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Anytime you are in the dr or at the pharmacy counter or even out in public, you run the risk of being exposed to someone sick.  Since most people get the shots at the dr or the pharmacy where they are exposed, yes - they might equate getting the flu shot with getting the flu.

Now I equate getting the flu with bad luck - the years that I get the darn flu shot are the years they missed the mark on it's effectiveness.  Did the flu shot make me ill, no.  But it didn't protect me either from whatever I got at the dr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)