Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

My neighbor woke up this morning to a bicycle stashed in his trees/bushes in the front of his house. We have no idea whose it is or why it was stashed. He stood it up with the kickstand on the side of the road (we live on a very quiet street - no sidewalk) figuring someone would come back and get it. It is still  there now, at 11 pm. I am thinking that maybe it was stolen and he should call the police to report it. My husband said to leave it out there with a sign that says 'free bike'. My neighbor wnats to throw it on the garbage truck that comes tomorrow. What would you do?

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AngelSinger
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Call the police. It may have been stolen and ditched.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I would either call the police or keep the bike but I wouldn't throw it away.
.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Why not just store the bike, and put out a few 'found' flyers to see if someone comes by to claim it? I don't think there's a reason to get the police involved, its just a bike.

If after a few weeks you don't hear anything, donate it or throw it away if you don't want it.

anotherhalf
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Is it nice - as in stolen or trash - as in abandoned? Police or trash depending.
blutansy
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I kbnow very little about bikes, but it looks nice. And another neighbor climbed on and tried it out and she said it works fine.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Is it nice - as in stolen or trash - as in abandoned? Police or trash depending.

christina0607
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I dnt think i would do anything.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I'd report it to the police, unless you live in a big city or high-crime area, where the police are too busy to care about bikes.

anotherhalf
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Then I'd call the non-emergency police line. My bike was stolen and it would have been nice to get it back since that is how I got to school.

Quoting blutansy:

I kbnow very little about bikes, but it looks nice. And another neighbor climbed on and tried it out and she said it works fine.

Quoting anotherhalf:

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Trash!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)